American Movie Classics, or AMC, is a popular American television channel. During its early times, AMC reserved its library for movies alone. Later, the streaming content of AMC includes movies and shows of different genres. It includes popular services, including 20th Century Studios, Columbia Pictures, Universal Studios, Warner Bros., and Walt Disney Studios. AMC has its own app available for download on multiple streaming devices. Additionally, you can stream a mind-blowing collection of shows upon adding AMC to your Apple TV.
With this app, you can binge-watch all the episodes of its amazing ongoing shows on-demand. Also, new episodes of any series will get added to the library the next day as it streams on TV. The popular AMC shows to look for on the AMC app include Gangs of London, The Walking Dead, and Mad Men.
AMC for Apple TV Subscription Plans
You can download the AMC Apple TV app for free and stream it on your TV. All you need to access the AMC library is a TV provider subscription with AMC.
- Popular streaming services with AMC include Philo, Sling TV, fuboTV, and YouTube TV.
- AMC Premiere subscription from AMC is an additional subscription for the users. It costs $4.99 per month and you need a regular TV Provider subscription.
- With the additional AMC Premiere subscription, you can watch the AMC shows without any ads. Additionally, enjoy new episodes of your favorite shows in advance.
How to Watch AMC on Apple TV
We have the official AMC app in the Apple TV App Store for download. If you wish to add the AMC app, follow these steps carefully.
1. Firstly, turn on your Apple TV and connect it with the internet connection.
2. On your home screen, select the App Store.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type AMC and search for it.
4. Pick AMC from the search result list and click the Get button to start installing the app.
5. Next, click on the Open button to launch the AMC app.
6. You can see the AMC Activation code on your screen, and you need to note it down.
7. Further, visit the AMC activation website with any web browser on your smartphone or PC.
8. Enter the activation code in the given field and click Submit.
9. Further, enter the credentials of your TV provider subscription.
10. With this, AMC activates on your TV.
11. Finally, start streaming your favorite shows from AMC on your device.
How to Stream AMC on Older Generation Apple TV
If you have an older generation Apple TV, you can stream AMC on your device by casting it from your iPhone/ iPad. For this, we can make use of the AirPlay feature. Also, you can use this measure when you face any difficulties with adding AMC on a new generation Apple TV.
1. Firstly, connect your iPhone/iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV.
2. From the App Store, install the AMC application on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Further, launch the app and provide the AMC Sign In details you received with the TV Provider subscription.
4. Next, go through the AMC library and then play any title on the app you wish to watch on your TV.
5. Further, click on the AirPlay icon on the app.
6. This will show all the available devices to cast to, and you need to pick your Apple TV.
7. Within a few minutes, the AMC app casts on your TV, and then you can enjoy streaming the title on your TV.
These are the two ways in which you can stream the channel on your Apple TV. While the first method works only on the latest models, the second method works on both devices. The second method is more helpful if you don’t want to download the app on Apple TV and use the device space.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a cable television channel with which you can watch movies and TV shows online.
Yes. AMC streaming service is officially available on the App Store for the latest TVs.
It is free to add the AMC app on Apple TV. If you have a recommended TV Provider subscription, there is no need to get any additional subscription. However, if you wish to stream AMC for free, you need to use the free seven-day trial on Philo, fuboTV, and YouTube TV.
Yes. You can watch AMC Theatres On Demand app on your TV.
Navigate to device Settings to select Users and Accounts. Then, choose the Profile name and select AMC subscription. Proceed with the screen instructions to cancel the subscription.
If your AMC Apple TV app isn’t working, check for the WIFI connection and if you have an active subscription. In addition, you shall update the app and device with the latest version to check if it is working.
Yes. You can stream the channel with a DirecTV subscription.
Yes. The channel is available as a part of a YouTube TV subscription.