You might come across a message on your screen that there is no signal while streaming a favorite show on Apple TV. It might not be a frequent issue, but it can be very annoying when you come across it. There might be more than one reason that can cause your Apple TV to display this message. Fortunately, you can fix this minor issue on the device and stream your favorite shows without interruptions. Following is a compilation of useful tips that you should consider when you encounter no signal on Apple TV.
No Signal on Apple TV: Causes
Even if your Apple TV is turned on, but there is no signal, you might consider the following to be the causes.
- A signal failure
- A pending software update on your device
- Issues with your Wi-Fi network
- Issues with the signal receiving
Apple TV Troubleshooting No Signal
Now, let’s discuss the troubleshooting methods to adopt and fix the issue.
Check Your Cables
You need to ensure that all the cables on the device are properly working without any physical damage to them. As you know, a damaged cable will come up with issues in streaming. Also, ensure that you have properly connected the power cord to the power source. Additionally, make sure that your power socket is working without issues.
Check Your Internet
Check if you have connected the device to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network. If your Wi-Fi network is not working properly, you might have to restart it. Then, all you need to do is unplug it from the power source for a couple of minutes. After turning it on, connect it with your Apple TV. Connecting your device to the internet using an Ethernet cable will also be a wise choice to make.
Check The External Input
You need to make sure you have connected the HDMI cable between the Apple TV and the box. If you feel that it has some sort of damage, you might have to replace it. Also, try connecting that HDMI cable to a different device to check if the problem exists with the cable in the first place.
Restart Your Apple TV
Restarting your Apple TV will help with fixing minor issues on the device. The same is the case with no network being detected on Apple TV.
1. Start by launching the Apple TV Settings menu.
2. On the menu, select the General option.
3. Navigate to the Restart option and select it.
4. Now, the device starts to restart on its own, and you need to wait for a few seconds.
5. Finally, when the Apple TV turns on back, connect to the Wi-Fi network and then start watching your favorite shows.
Reset Apple TV to Factory Settings
One of the last things that you would want to do on your Apple TV is to fix this issue by using a factory reset. As you might already be aware, a factory reset of Apple TV will remove all the settings and apps in it.
1. Start by launching the Apple TV Settings menu.
2. Find the General option and select it.
3. Next, select the Reset option and then click on Reset and Update.
4. Wait for the process to come to an end, and then set up your Apple TV.
Using a Third-Party App
The above tips will rectify minor issues with your Apple TV. However, issues with your software might be neglected. If the root cause of the issue is a software glitch, you can fix it with the help of a third-party service like iMyFone Fixppo.
1. Start by installing iMyFone Fixppo on your computer.
2. Launch iMyFone Fixppo and go to the Standard mode.
3. Next, connect your Apple TV to your computer and then click Next.
4. Wait for the app to recognize your device and give you the available firmware versions.
5. Select one of the firmware versions and then click Download.
6. Make sure that you read all the information on your screen and then select Start.
7. You need to wait for a few minutes for the repairing process to be complete.
Contact Apple Support
If none of the above troubleshooting tips was of help to you, you might have to contact Apple Support. With their help, you might be able to find out the root cause and the probable fixes for Apple TV that keeps saying no signal.
Those were the most useful troubleshooting tips to help you fix your Apple TV that always shows a no signal message. After fixing your issue, you can enjoy streaming your favorite apps on your device without interruptions. The above fixes will also help in resolving Apple TV won’t turn on, Apple TV Black Screen, and Apple TV not working issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
All models of Apple TV, including Apple TV 4K, can come up with the no network issue. It might be a result of poor internet strength, pending software updates, or issues with the HDMI cable.
On your Apple TV, open the Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Select connected Wi-Fi network > Forget Network.
If you get the no network detected message, you should restart your Wi-Fi router.
If you get the no video signal message, please remove the HDMI cable and then connect it properly.
Check if you have turned on your Wi-Fi router and your Apple TV is not too far away from the Wi-Fi router.
Yes, you don’t need a cable service if you have Apple TV.
When you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you can access downloaded movies, shows, and games on your Apple TV.
If you find that your device has no signal after waking from sleep, you need to restart it.