Apple TV is one of the most popular media streaming applications developed by Apple. You can find critically acclaimed movies and exciting shows streaming exclusively on this platform. Unlike other apps from Apple, you can access it on non-Apple devices like gaming consoles, Firestick, Roku, and Smart TVs. In the same way, you can enjoy watching shows from this app on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. If you have a PS5, find out how to add and activate the Apple TV app on your console.
How to Watch Apple TV on PS5
To access Apple TV on your PS5, you need to hold a valid Apple TV subscription. You can get subscribed to Apple TV at $4.99 per month. Users of PlayStation 5 can get a 6-month free trial on Apple TV+ when subscribed by July 2022. You can access Apple TV on your PS5 as follows.
1. Start by turning on your television and connecting the PS5 console to it.
2. Also, connect your console with an internet connection.
3. From the PS5 home screen, select the Media tab from the top left corner of your screen using its controller.
4. Next, move on to the All Apps section.
5. Using the search bar, find the Apple TV app.
6. When you get the search results on your screen, choose the Apple TV app icon.
7. On the next screen, select the Download button.
8. Wait for the download of the app to complete.
How to Activate Apple TV on PS5
After installing the Apple TV app, you need to activate it. Follow these instructions to activate the app on your PlayStation 5.
1. Open the Apple TV app and select the Settings option.
2. Next, select the Accounts option and the Sign In option.
3. You can see three sign-in options on your screen.
- Sign In on Mobile Device: You can activate your account by scanning the QR code on your screen. Also, you can activate your account by visiting the Apple TV activation site and entering your Activation Code.
- Sign in on This TV: You can sign in with the credentials of your subscription on the console itself.
- Create Apple ID: You can create a new Apple ID and sign in to a new account.
How to Sign Out of Apple TV on PS5
If you wish to sign out of your Apple TV app on your PlayStation 5, follow these instructions.
1. Launch the Apple TV app on your PlayStation 5.
2. In the Apple TV app, open the Settings menu.
3. From the menu, select the Accounts option.
4. On the menu, find the Sign Out option and then select it.
How to Fix Apple TV Not Working on PS5
If the Apple TV app is not working on your console, you shall need to try out the below fixes.
- Check if your internet connection is stable and working.
- It is better to disconnect all other devices from the same WIFI.
- Update the Apple TV app with the latest version.
- Uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
- Check for the pending update on your console and perform it to avoid issues while streaming the app.
With that, you know how to add and activate the Apple TV app on your PlayStation 5. The Apple TV app will not disappoint you as it has a rich collection of the best Apple TV shows streaming on it. Apple TV also has interesting free trial options that you need to try before getting subscribed to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to be a valid subscriber of Apple TV to access its contents. However, you can get a free trial on Apple TV to watch the shows for free.
The Apple TV app is available for download on PS5 and PS4.
You can redeem this free trial on Apple TV by signing in with Apple TV or creating a new Apple ID on your PlayStation 5.
You can log in to the Apple TV app for a free trial or with your existing subscription on your Playstation 4 as well.
You can access the Apple TV app on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
You can simply sign out of your subscription on your PlayStation 5 or delete the app.