The Apple TV Siri remote has features including a touchpad and built-in support for Siri. There might be more than one reason you want to replace your Apple TV remote. For instance, you might have lost your remote, or it might be broken. If you are planning to get a new remote for your Apple TV, you need to consider getting a Universal remote. When you get a Universal remote, you control multiple devices simultaneously. Also, the Universal remotes for your Apple TV have more features.
Universal Remote for Apple TV
With universal remotes, you can control your Apple TV with more attractive features. If you are having a hard time choosing the best universal remote for Apple TV 4K, you can see recommendations in the following sections.
Logitech Harmony Elite
If you look forward to using a feature-rich remote, Logitech Harmony Elite is one of the best choices for your Apple TV. It is a well-designed, attractive remote with a full-color touch screen on it.
- With a Logitech Harmony Elite remote, you can control up to 15 devices at once.
- It is one of the best-selling remotes, and it is frequently out of stock.
- You can control channels, volume, and movies by swiping across the touch screen. Also, you can control Philips Hue lights with the touchscreen.
- In addition, Logitech Harmony Elite has Alexa support. So you can place voice commands.
Logitech Harmony Companion
Another attractive universal remote from Logitech for your TV is Logitech Harmony Companion. It comes with programmable buttons, and you can control even the far-away devices with a smartphone app.
- The Logitech Harmony Companion remote falls on the pricier side of universal remotes.
- This remote from Logitech will help you control more devices other than your Apple TV.
- Logitech Harmony Companion can control up to 270,00 home entertainment devices of different brands.
GE Universal Remote
GE Universal Remote, from General Electric, is the most affordable remote control option for your device. It doesn’t have a modern look and resembles older versions of Apple TV remotes.
- The GE Universal remote can control up to four devices at the same time.
- Apart from Apple TV, you can control Roku, LG TV, Vizio TV, Sharp TV, and Samsung TV.
Inteset Universal Remote
Inteset Universal remote is another remote option for your device. Alongside Apple TV, it can control devices like Xbox One, Xbox X, and Roku. It is very attractive with LED backlight for its buttons.
- The remote has support for high-end features at an affordable cost.
- For instance, you can control volume, channel lock, custom button labels, full backlight, and keypunch.
- You can customize the remote buttons for specific devices and label them with stickers.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, get Sofabaton UI. With your Apple TV, you can control up to fifteen devices simultaneously with a Sofabaton U1 remote. It is an efficient remote known to control access to over 500,000 devices from 6000 different brands.
- It has an OLED screen that helps you switch between different devices to control it.
- Also, it comes with a Macro Button that helps you perform multiple commands.
Apple TV Remote App
Apple TV remote app is one of the most affordable options for replacing your Apple TV remote. You can access the Apple TV remote app on an iPad or iPhone, and it comes pre-installed on those devices.
- You can access the Apple TV remote app from the Control Center by tapping the Remote icon.
- However, you can’t connect devices of other brands with the Apple TV remote app.
- Moreover, it keeps your iPhone engaged while you are controlling your TV with it.
Sideclick Remotes Universal Remote Attachment For Apple TV
Sideclick Remotes Universal Remote Attachment is a slim and useful addition to your existing remote. It is not a remote replacement, but it is actually an addition you can consider getting.
- Apart from Apple TV, it can control basic functions on Soundbar and Bluray.
- In addition, you can use it to control Roku, Chromecast, and NVIDIA Shield devices by getting a new adapter.
- Also, you can add the Sideclick remote attachment to all Apple TV remote versions.
- This remote attachment comes with 8 buttons that you can program.
Universal Remote Code for Apple TV
Let’s discuss the remote codes for an Apple TV.
- One For All remote Apple TV code: 1115, 2615.
- GE universal remote Apple TV code: 31146.
- RCA universal remote code: 52615.
- Philips universal remote Apple TV code:
How to Program Universal Remote for Apple TV
You can program universal remote for Apple TV 4th generation as follows.
1. Initially, open the Apple TV Settings menu.
2. Select the Remotes and Devices option.
3. Next, select Learn Remote and tap Start on your Universal remote.
4. Keep on pressing the Up button till the progress bar becomes full.
5. Using the instructions, assign commands to the buttons.
6. Also, you can name the remote and then select Done.
7. Next, select the Set Up Playback buttons and assign functions like Play, Fast-Forward, Pause, and Stop to their respective buttons.
8. Finally, you can see a success message on your screen.
With the remote codes, you can connect your universal remote with Apple TV. If your remote is not working, you can immediately replace it with the remote app that comes pre-installed on your iPhone and iPad. Also, in the above section, you can find both high-end and affordable remote replacements. You can even use those remotes when your Apple TV remote is not working.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Apple TV remotes are developed to control your Apple TV only.
The universal remotes that work with your device include Logitech Harmony Elite, Logitech Harmony Companion, and GE Universal Remote.
Yes, you can program a universal remote on your device with proper codes.
The Bose remotes can’t operate your Apple TV.
You can access control over your device with remotes like Logitech Harmony Elite, Logitech Harmony Companion, and GE Universal Remote.