Apple TV is one of the best streaming platforms to access Apple Originals, Movies, TV Series, Documentaries, and more. It comes with built-in streaming apps, and thus you will get more exciting entertainment at your place. It includes Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more. But you should clearly understand that streaming services access varies from country to country due to geo-restriction. As a result, you cannot watch every other content from any location. With a VPN, you can overcome this issue as it bypasses the geo-censorship and unblocks any content. Unfortunately, Apple TV devices by default will not support VPN connections. Alternately you can install a VPN on a Wi-Fi router to which Apple TV is connected. In this guide, you will find the list of best VPN for Apple TV worth using if you are concerned about your privacy and security.
Best VPN for Apple TV
Here is the list of the best VPNs we found for Apple TV recommended by our tech experts.
Note: Most VPNs listed here aren’t officially available for the tvOS. However, you can get any of them on tvOS by installing it on the router.
ExpressVPN ranks first of best VPN for Apple TV, considering the speed, unblocking duration, and reliable connection. It consists of 160 servers located in 94 countries. It will hide your IP address with a unique smart DNS feature that helps to unblock all the streaming services. ExpressVPN uses military-grade AES-256 encryption to protect your data and privacy. Since ExpressVPN on Apple TV isn’t officially available on the App Store, you should install it on your WIFI router.
- You can access 5 devices simultaneously with one account.
- It comes with split-tunneling to route web traffic.
- Network Lock kill switch protect your data even if VPN is down.
- Private DNS for safer and speed connections.
- Never store your user data or connection logs.
- 24/7 customer support via live chat.
NordVPN is the fastest VPN provider with 5214 servers in 60 countries. It supports unblocking popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Sling TV, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more. In addition, NordVPN on Apple TV will secure your online activity with AES-256 supported by The Onion Router. It can also block ads, and trackers, and gives you a double layer of protection.
- With one account, you can access up to 6 devices at a time.
- Never track, collect or share your log information.
- Multi-factor authentication for enhanced security.
- It allocates a dedicated IP address for each user.
- Kill switch feature to secure all the time.
- It supports multiple devices, including smartphones, computers, and routers.
Surfshark offers plenty of server connections worth the price. There are more than 3200+ servers located in 65 countries. Surfshark hits record in unblocking streaming services like Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, and Peacock. It will boost your browsing speed with the WireGuard tunneling protocol and secure the web traffic with military-grade encryption.
- Smart DNS service to hide your IP address.
- Blocks ads, trackers, malware, and phishing attempts.
- Camouflage mode for privacy protection.
- Best in industry AES-256-GCM encryption.
- It has OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPsec protocols.
CyberGhost is one of the top-notch cybersecurity software, which has 7600+ servers in 91 countries. It will make your IP address invisible and reroute the internet traffic to pass through an encrypted VPN tunnel. CyberGhost has 4 protocols: OpenVPN, L2TP/ IPSec, IKEv2/ IPSec, and PPTP. Moreover, it comes with a no-logging policy, so you can safely use it.
- It uses 256-bit AES encryption.
- DNS & IP Leak Protection.
- It allows up to 7 connections with one subscription.
- There are dedicated servers for streaming and torrenting.
- Best for streaming Netflix, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime.
5) Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a secure VPN service to stay anonymous while surfing the internet and protects your data and privacy. It uses two protocols, OpenVPN and WireGuard, for enhanced security. It has more than 35,000 servers in 78 countries. Furthermore, it can also block ads, trackers, and malicious websites from stealing your information.
- Connect and use up to 10 devices instantly.
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Suitable for unblocking Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, and Disney Plus.
- Automatic Kill Switch.
- 100% Open Source service.
Related: Best Health Apps for Apple TV | Free & Paid
6) Vypr VPN
Vypr VPN is a powerful tool to stop ISP throttling, third-party apps from sniffing also protect your data from hackers. You can connect to Vypr VPN on up to 5 devices simultaneously with a single subscription. In addition, it comes with the no-logging policy, so they will never track, share or sell your private data to third parties.
- It has 700+ servers located in 70 countries.
- Chameleon protocols unblock geo-censored contents from anywhere.
- VyprDNS will secure your DNS.
- Public Wi-Fi protection.
- High-End Encryption/NAT Firewall.
IPVanish helps to conceal your IP address and encrypts your connection with a secure tunnel so no one can trace you. It gives you best-in-class protection against cybercriminals, search engines, and websites that might track your identity or personal information. IPVanish has more than 1900+ servers in 75+ countries.
- 24/7 customer support via chat, email, and phone.
- It supports simultaneous connection with up to 10 devices at a time.
- Split tunneling and IPv6 leak protection.
- It uses AES-256 powerful encryption.
PrivateVPN is one of the best VPN for high-level security in privacy and faster internet speed in a public Wi-Fi network. You can stay anonymous on the internet with a dedicated server protected by military-grade 2048-bit encryption. It has over 200 servers located in 63 countries.
- Zero data logging policy.
- Unlimited bandwidth with reliable speeds.
- Port Forward for torrenting.
- 10 simulatanoeus connections.
You will get the best streaming experience using any of these VPN services. It helps to unblock geo-restricted contents and keep your data safe even if you jailbreak your Apple TV. You should be aware of your privacy because you are being watched whenever you use the internet. If you have any doubts regarding this post, voice out in the comments section.