CBS is an American commercial broadcasting television network owned by ViacomCBS with headquarters in New York. It is an all-in-one service to stream thousands of episodes, on-demand shows, live TV, CBS originals, etc. With CBS, you will be able to stream live TV, including NFL, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live. CBS also has many local channels that you can watch that focus on your neighborhood. Getting the CBS app for your TV is pretty straightforward as the app is available on the App Store. However, if you want to stream live channels, you will have to sign in with a pay-TV service account. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about streaming CBS on Apple TV.
How to Install CBS on Apple TV 4th Gen and Later
1. Turn On your Apple TV and make sure it has a working internet connection.
2. From your Home Screen, open the App Store.
3. On the Search Bar on the top right corner of the screen, type in CBS using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the search results, select the CBS app.
5. On the App info screen, click on the Get icon to install the CBS app on your TV.
6. Once the installation is complete, click on the Open button to launch the CBS Apple TV app.
How to Activate CBS on Apple TV
1. Open the CBS streaming app on tvOS after the installation.
2. Click on the Settings option at the top of the screen. An activation code will be displayed on the TV screen.
4. Visit https://www.cbs.com/activate/appletv/ from any browser.
5. On the activation page, enter the Activation Code displayed on the TV screen and tap on Activate button.
6. Once the App is activated, you can stream your favorite CBS shows on your TV.
How to Watch CBS on Apple TV using AirPlay [Alternative Way]
With the CBS app installed on your iPhone, you can stream CBS on your 3rd gen and lower model TVs using the AirPlay feature.
1. Open the CBS app on your iPhone. Visit the App Store on your iOS device to download the latest version of the CBS app.
2. Sign in to your CBS account.
3. Select the CBS media content that you want to stream on the TV.
4. Click on the AirPlay button on the top of the Media player.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Apple TV.
6. Once the connection is established, you can stream CBS on your TV from your iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The app is officially available on the App Store of the Apple TV.
Yes. The CBS app is free to install and use. It doesn’t require any subscription to stream the latest titles.
The basic troubleshooting will fix the issue. Firstly check your internet connection, try to relaunch the app, update the app on Apple TV, uninstall and reinstall the app, restart Apple TV, and finally reset the Apple TV.
Yes. With the All Access subscription, you can live stream its shows on Apple TV.
Yes. CBS Sports Network on Apple TV is available as a standalone app, and you can install and stream it in no time.
It costs $5.99/month with ads and $9.99/month without ads.