CBS Sports is an American pay television network launched by CBS Entertainment Group. It is a dedicated channel for instant updates on scores, stats, highlights, news, and more. CBS Sports mainly features NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball, and football. It also covers live coverage of PGA Tour golf, tennis, NASCAR, MMA, UFC, WWE, UEFA Champions & Europa Leagues, Serie A, etc. You can sign with Paramount Plus or any TV provider to watch your favorite game events with expert suggestions live. It also telecasts fantasy shows like Fantasy Football Today to keep you thrilled until the end of the season. Let’s look at the different ways to watch CBS Sports on Apple TV.
How to Get CBS Sports on Apple TV
CBS Sports app is officially available on the App Store for all Apple devices and is compatible with Apple TV that runs with tvOS 13.0 or above. Therefore, the installation process is very simple and quick. If you want to install CBS Sports app on your tvOS, follow the instructions given below.
One-Step Guide: Select App Store >> click Search >> Enter as CBS Sports >> select Get >> choose Open.
1) Power on your Apple TV and connect it to a strong Wi-Fi network.
2) Launch the home screen by pressing the Home key on Apple TV Remote.
3) From the list of applications, click the App Store to open it.
4) Next, select the Search icon available at the top right on the screen.
5) Type CBS Sports using the on-screen keyboard and locate the app.
6) When the search result appears, choose the CBS Sports icon.
7) Now, click Get to install CBS Sports from the app description page.
8) After the installation, tap Open.
How to Activate and Stream CBS Sports on Apple TV
Once you have installed the CBS Sports app, you need to validate your account. The following are the simple steps to activate CBS Sports on TV.
1) Launch the CBS Sports app on your Apple TV.
2) Tap the Settings icon at the top right corner.
3) Further, click the Sign-in option that appears now.
4) Log in with registered credentials and click Enter.
5) Note down the activation code that is displayed right now.
6) Go to cbssports.com/appletv from a smartphone or PC browser.
7) Enter the code carefully as shown on your TV and click the Next button.
8) Again, re-login to your account to verify it.
That’s it! CBS Sports is successfully activated. Now you are ready to stream scores and news of the NFL, the NBA, and many more.
Alternate Way: How to Watch CBS Sports on Apple TV
Unfortunately, you cannot install the CBS Sports app on Apple TV (3rd Generation or below). As an alternative, you shall download the CBS Sports app on your iPhone/iPad and perform screen mirroring. With this, you can watch CBS Sports on tvOS with ease. Also, make sure your iOS device meets the CBS Sports app compatibility.
- For iPhone: It should run with iOS 14.0 or above.
- For iPad: It requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
Follow the simple instructions to stream CBS Sports on tvOS using AirPlay.
1) Make sure to connect your iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) From your iOS, visit the App Store and search for CBS Sports.
3) After, click Get to install the app on your device.
4) Once done, click Open to launch the app.
5) Further, log in with a valid username and password to continue.
6) Next, go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
7) Choose your Apple TV from the listed connections.
8) Now, you can watch your favorite sports on your Apple TV using AirPlay.
CBS Sports on Apple TV Not Working: Possible Causes & Fixes
The CBS Sports app may not work for the following reasons:
- Poor internet connection
- CBS Sports server down or outage
- Bug or error in the current version of the app
- Outdated version of the app
- VPN or the antivirus on the device
Some of the possible fixes you could try to resolve the CBS Sports app not working on Apple TV include the following:
- Connect your device to the stable WIFI
- Disconnect devices that use the same internet
- Force close the app and relaunch it
- Update the app on Apple TV
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Update Apple TV
- Restarting Apple TV
These are the information we have got you regarding the CBS Sports Apple TV app. You can install the app and let enjoy streaming your favorite sports events, matches, and other sports-related news highlights on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can download the app for Apple TV from the App Store.
Yes. It is free to download on Apple TV.
You need a valid subscription from Paramount+ that starts from $4.99/month.
To overcome this issue, you can restart your Apple device to fix it on your own. However, if the problem persists again, it is better to check whether the internet connection is stable.
It implies that your subscription with the provider doesn’t have the required TV channel subscription.