Dailymotion is one of the first online video-sharing platforms in the world. The service is very similar to YouTube in terms of content featuring style. You can watch unlimited videos in different categories like sports, news, entertainment, etc., with the Dailymotion app on Apple TV. The Dailymotion apps have features like its peers, such as offline downloads, creating custom playlists, and such. The platform has dedicated apps for almost all streaming platforms like Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, Android TV, and Apple TV. It is available for Android and iOS devices, and thus watching your favorite videos on the go is much easier. The app also has some limitations regarding the number of videos you can upload to the platform per day. Let’s discuss everything you need to know about Dailymotion on Apple TV.
How to Install Dailymotion on Apple TV
1. Initially, make sure your Apple TV has an active internet connection.
2. From your Home Screen, open the App Store on your Apple TV.
3. Next, on the Search Bar on the top right corner of the screen, type in Dailymotion using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Then, from the search results, select the Dailymotion app.
5. On the App info screen, click on the Get icon to install the Dailymotion app on your tvOS.
6. When the installation of Dailymotion is complete, click on the Open button to launch the app on Apple TV
7. Finally, Log in with your Dailymotion account and watch the video you want on your tvOS.
Related: How to Add and Stream Crave on Apple TV
Airplay Dailymotion to Apple TV from iOS device [Alternative Method]
If you use an Apple TV generation-three or older model, you will not find a dedicated app on App Store. So if you want to watch Dailymotion on such models, you have to AirPlay it from an iOS device.
1. Initially, connect your Apple TV and your iPhone or iPad device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, download and install the Dailymotion app on your iOS device from the Apple App Store.
3. Then, open the Dailymotion app and Login with your Dailymotion account.
4. Now, tap on the Cast icon on the top right corner of the Dailymotion app.
5. From the available devices, select your Apple TV device.
6. Finally, play the Dailymotion videos to cast onto your tvOS.
In this session, we have discussed a couple of ways about the Dailymotion app download on your Apple TV. If you have a Gen-3 Apple TV or older model, you will have to settle for the second method. However, if you own one of the latest tvOS models, then either method works just fine. Visit our blog for more latest articles related to Apple TV.