DirecTV Stream is an on-demand streaming service that lets you access HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. It was previously available as AT&T TV or AT&T TV Now. DirecTV Stream has more than 222 million paid subscribers globally. With this platform, you can stream over 7000 apps, including popular local TV channels like ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS, PBS, and more. It also offers ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 (Fox Sports 1), Fox Sports 2, TBS, TNT, USA Network for sports lovers. The best thing is subscribers will get unlimited DVR to record their favorite shows for offline viewing. Let’s discuss the subscription plans and ways to watch DirecTV Stream on Apple TV.
DirecTV Stream Pricing & Plans
It offers four types of subscription plans: Entertainment, Choice, Ultimate, and Premier. DirecTV Stream also greets the customers with add-on plans for HBO Max, Cinemax, Epix, and Starz.
How to Install DirecTV Stream on Apple TV
DirecTV Stream app is available on the App Store for Apple TV 4th generation. So, the installation is simple and quick. Follow the steps given below to install the app on your Apple TV.
Pocket Guide: Go to the App Store on your tvOS >> select Search >> search for DirecTV Stream >> select it >> click Get >> select Open.
1) Firstly, turn on your Apple TV and launch the home screen using your remote.
2) Click the App Store icon to open it.
3) Tap the Search icon and enter DirecTV Stream to locate the app.
4) Choose the DirecTV Stream app from the suggestions.
5) Now click the Get button to install the app.
6) After the installation, tap Open to run DirecTV Stream on Apple TV.
7) Enter your DirecTV Sign-in details to access your account.
8) DirecTV Stream home page appears now on your TV.
9) Enjoy your favorite TV channels, live sports, and much more.
Related: How to Download and Watch ABC iview on Apple TV
How to Watch DirecTV Stream on Apple TV Via AirPlay
DirecTV Stream app can only be installed on Apple TV if it runs with tvOS 12.0 or later and on 4th gen TV models. You can use the AirPlay feature from your iOS to watch DirecTV Stream on older models. Follow the instructions carefully to perform screen mirroring.
1) Make sure to connect your Apple TV and iOS (iPhone/iPad) to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Launch the App Store on your iOS device.
3) Search for the DirecTV Stream app and click Get to install it on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
4) Launch the app and log in with valid credentials.
5) Select and play your favorite title on your iOS.
6) Go to the Control Center and select the Screen mirroring button.
7) From the list of available devices, choose your Apple TV.
8) The content will start playing on your TV screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will get a 14-day free trial once you subscribe to their services.
It allows you to stream up to 20 devices with one account that has a valid subscription.
If you can’t find the DirecTV app, you should update your Apple TV to the latest version and check again.