Walt Disney’s Disney XD is a popular kids TV channel introduced in 2009. The channel mainly focuses on children aged between 6-11 years old. Disney XD focuses on kids’ favorite channels, Jetix and Toon Disney. It delivers animated series, Disney originals, movies, mini-series, and programs related to gaming. Moreover, Disney XD broadcasts made-for-TV movies from Disney Channel and theatrically released animated films. You can enjoy Disney XD content on your Apple TV with the help of the DisneyNOW application.
Disney XD does not have any subscriptions plans right now. Instead, you have to sign up with a live streaming provider to get access. The following are the streaming providers that currently offer Disney XD programming.
- Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/month
- Sling TV – $35/month
- fuboTV – $64.99/month
- DirecTV Stream – $69.99/month
- YouTube TV – $64.99/month
How to Watch Disney XD on Apple TV
There is no separate app for Disney XD. So, you have to install the DisneyNOW app. It is a universal application that combines all four channels into one. It includes Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD and Radio Disney. Follow the steps given below to install DisneyNOW on your Apple TV.
Pocket Guide: On Apple TV, launch App Store >> click Search >> enter Disney XD and select it >> click Get >> select Open.
1) Firstly, make sure to connect your Apple TV to the internet.
2) Go to the home screen using your Apple TV Remote.
3) Click the App Store icon and select the Search icon on the top right.
4) Enter DisneyNOW using a virtual keyboard and search for it.
5) From the search results, select DisneyNOW to open the app description window.
6) Next, tap the Get option to begin the installation.
7) Once done, click Open to run the DisneyNOW app.
How to Activate Disney XD on Apple TV
The following are the steps to activate DisneyNOW for watching Disney XD shows on Apple TV.
1) Launch the DisneyNOW app.
2) Note down the activation code that appears on the screen.
3) Visit disneynow.com/activate from a browser and enter the code.
4) Next, click the Continue button to proceed.
5) Further, select your TV provider and sign in to your account.
6) Now, you will see the DisneyNOW library.
Start watching Disney XD shows by switching the tabs from the library section.
Related: How to Add & Stream Universal Kids on Apple TV
AirPlay Disney XD to Apple TV
You can alternately stream Disney XD on your Apple TV by screen mirroring from an iOS device. Here are the steps to do so.
1) Connect your Apple TV and iOS device (iPhone/iPad) to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Install DisneyNOW on your iPhone from the App Store.
3) Once done, Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in.
4) After that, go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
5) From the list of available devices, select your Apple TV (device name).
6) It will start screen mirroring the smartphone screen to the TV.
Now, play any Disney XD shows on your iPhone to watch it on a big screen.