Emby is a single window where you can access all your personal media on all supported devices. It includes your personal photos, videos, and music. Emby shows all your content with an excellent display of titles. Also, you can stream all of them at your convenience. It also helps you organize your data, so it is easy for you to access. One of the most attractive features of this app is its rich parental control features. Besides accessing your personal media library, you can watch live TV, manage DVR, and the whole library of recordings on the DVR. Learn how to add and access Emby on Apple TV from this guide.
How to Install Emby on Apple TV
Pocket Guide: On your Apple TV, launch App Store >> highlight Magnifier >> enter Emby >> select Emby app icon >> click Get.
If you have a fourth-generation or fifth-generation Apple TV, you can install Emby with the below steps.
1. Firstly, turn on and connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi connection.
2. Launch the App Store on your device and then select the Search icon.
3. Next, search for the Emby app with the help of the on-screen keyboard.
4. Select the Emby app from the app suggestions on your screen.
5. Start downloading the Emby app with a click on the Get button.
6. Wait for the Emby app download to complete on your TV and then select Open.
7. Sign In to your Emby account with proper credentials.
8. Finally, you can start streaming live TV channels on Emby.
How to Watch Emby on Older Generations of Apple TV
If you have tvOS that are older models, you can get access to Emby by screen mirroring its app from your iOS devices. Follow these instructions carefully.
1. Connect your Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device.
2. Install the Emby app on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
3. On your iOS device, open the Control Centre and hit the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose your Apple TV from the list of devices on your screen.
5. With that, the screen of your iOS device will be mirrored on your Apple TV.
6. Open the new Emby app and proceed to log in to the app as necessary.
7. Play any title on Emby and enjoy watching the same on your TV.
Related: How to Add Kodi on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K
These were the two simple ways in which you can add and use Emby on Apple TV of any model. You can effortlessly browse the TV, movies, music albums, photos, and almost any media in no time with Emby.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily download the Emby Apple TV app from the built-in App Store.
Yes, you can access the app completely for free and browse your media collection. In addition, you can get an Emby Premium subscription at $6.99 for a month.
You can get access to Emby on Android devices, iOS devices, Windows phones, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and more.
The best Emby alternatives include Kodi, Plex, Media Portal, Universal Media Server, Streama, etc.