Apple TV lets you access the most popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, and Hulu. It makes streaming these apps special with a lot of features and supports the best video and audio quality. You can control your device with the help of the remote it comes with. While playing videos, you might need to fast forward, rewind, play, and pause the video playback on your Apple TV. However, you will not find the dedicated buttons for these functions on your tvOS remote. Now you may question how to fast-forward on Apple TV using the remote. The procedure is simple if you know the trick. Those unaware can get into this section for further information.
How to Fast Forward on Apple TV
As mentioned, the Apple TV remote might not come with labeled buttons for fast forward and rewind. Still, you can do these functions on your device. So, let’s find out the same in the following sections.
To Fast Forward on Apple TV
1. When the video is still playing, you can long-press on the right edge of your remote to fast forward through the video.
2. This part of the remote has a dot on the circular D-Pad on newer remote models.
3. With that, a Fast Forward icon appears on your progress bar.
4. Once the fast forward has started, release your finger from the remote.
5. Press on the right edge once again if you intend to make the fast forward more forward.
6. It makes the fast forward 2x fast.
7. Similarly, you can get a 3x speed.
8. Click the Center of the remotes touch surface to stop the fast forward.
To Rewind on Apple TV
1. When the video is still playing, long-press the left edge of your video to rewind through the video.
2. This part on your newer Apple TV remote has a dot on the circular D-Pad.
3. Now, a rewinding icon appears on the video’s progress bar.
4. Remove your finger from the button once the rewind begins.
5. Press on the button again to increase the speed of rewind to 2x.
6. Similarly, you can get the speed to 3x by pressing the same button.
7. Finally, click on the center of the touch surface to stop rewinding.
To Play or Pause
1. The Apple TV remote has a dedicated Play/Pause button that you can use.
2. Apart from that, you can click once on the touch surface.
3. The touch surface on the newer models of remote control is circular, and you can press it.
The above-mentioned methods can help you fast forward, rewind, play, and pause on your device remote controller. These gestures are for the remotes on tvOS or simply your Apple TV. It works on most apps on your device that uses the same video player. Still, some third-party apps have alternative ways for these gestures. Hope this article helped you with these gestures. If so, visit our blog for more updates and useful articles.