FilmOn is an Internet-based TV provider launched by FilmON.TV Networks, Inc. It allows the users to watch over 700 channels that include more than 90,000+ on-demand movies. In addition, you can access International TV channels featuring news, sports, lifestyle, shopping, kids, and more. FilmOn also delivers TV shows from CineBx and Allied Film libraries. You will find English and Spanish TV channels on FilmOn. With this app, you can stream live radio and record your favorite shows using DVR. The app is available for several devices, including computers, smartphones, tablets, and more. Let’s look at how to watch FilmOn on Apple TV in brief.
How to Install FilmOn on Apple TV
The FilmOn app is still not available for Apple TV. So you can install it on your iOS (iPhone/iPad) and then AirPlay your screen to the Apple TV. Let’s see how to do so.
1) Initially, connect your Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) After that, open the App Store on your iOS.
3) Search for FilmOn and tap Get to install the app.
4) Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
5) Log in with appropriate FilmOn credentials.
6) Now go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
7) It displays the available connections. Choose your Apple TV to connect.
8) Finally, it will start mirroring your iOS device screen to the TV.
This way, you can watch FilmOn TV channels and on-demand titles on your Apple TV.
Alternate Way to Stream FilmOn on Apple TV
You can stream FilmOn on your Mac by installing the Mac OS HDI Player. Later on, you can use AirPlay to cast your screen to the Apple TV. Follow the instructions given below.
Note: Ensure to connect your Apple TV and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
1) Install FilmOn HDi Player on your macOS.
2) Once it gets installed, open the FilmOn HDi Player and log in with valid FilmOn credentials.
3) Now, you can see the TV channels list on your Mac.
4) Click on the one you want to play.
5) Minimize the window and click the AirPlay icon at the top menu bar.
6) Select your Apple TV from the list.
That’s it! The selected TV channel will start playing on your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the FilmON app is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Mac.
FilmOn base plan starts from $19.95 per month. For DVR, you have to pay $5 per month for 3 hours of storage. If you need a subscription for one year, it will cost $199.
Pluto TV is the best alternative as it offers 100+ channels and movies for free.