Freeview is a free-to-air digital TV app with an extensive library of movies, TV shows, on-demand titles, and HD channels. Other than that, Freeview offers approximately 30,000 hours of free catch-up content. It is a one-stop destination to get the best content from popular media regularly. Unlike other streaming apps, you will not receive content recommendations based on your viewing habits; instead, they will be determined by the various broadcasters partnered with Freeview. As a result, you’re more likely to find popular niche content quickly. Let’s see how to get Freeview on Apple TV.
How to Install Freeview on Apple TV
The Freeview app is supported for iPhones and iPads. Therefore, you can stream Freeview on Apple TV using AirPlay.
Pocket Guide: Launch App Store on iOS >> Select Search >> Type Freeview >> Select the app >> Click Get >> Tap Open
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
2. Open the App Store and click the Search bar.
3. Enter Freeview on the field and locate the app.
4. Click on Freeview from the results and tap Get to install.
5. After that, open the Freeview app and log in with valid credentials.
Note: If you’re already a Freeview subscriber, sign in. If your Apple ID and Freeview account ID are the same, click Continue. Otherwise, select Cancel and enter your email address associated with your Freeview account.
6. Go to the Control Panel and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
7. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
8. Your iPhone screen will be mirrored to the Apple TV.
Start watching all the popular Freeview content on a big screen.
Alternate Way to Watch Freeview on Apple TV
Users having Mac can also stream this app on Apple TV with the help of the AirPlay feature.
1. Connect your Apple TV and macOS to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. From the macOS menu bar, tap the AirPlay icon. A rectangle symbolizes AirPlay with an upward arrow at the bottom.
3. Choose your Apple TV from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, a password is displayed on Apple TV. Enter the code on a pop-up window that appears on Mac.
5. Your Mac screen is now mirrored to the selected device.
6. Further, visit the Freeview website on your Mac.
7. Sign in with appropriate credentials for Freeview.
8. From the library, click on a title to play.
When you play a video on macOS, it will also play on your Apple TV. You can also browse the best shows from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and UKTV Play. For more entertainment, you may use alternative apps like Watch OWN, FOX NOW, XUMO, and Peacock TV on Apple TV.
Unfortunately, there is no dedicated Freeview app for Apple TV. However, you can stream from your iOS using AirPlay.
No. You can’t get Netflix on Freeview.
No. You can’t access YouTube on Freeview.
It has over 70 TV channels like BBC iPlayer, BBC Sounds, ITV Hub, STV, All4, My5, UKTV Play, CBS Catchup, and more.
Yes. You can download Freeview TV Guide from the App Store to watch NZ channels.