HBO Max is one among a few media streaming apps on Apple TV with shows and series that are the best in the industry. Some of the popular shows include Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, and Friends. it ensures to provide you with thousands of hours of entertainment. In addition to this, the HBO Max app supports streaming the HBO Originals like Search Party, The Flight Attendant, Doom Patrol, Raised by Wolves, Love Life, Made for Love, etc. The best way to stream all these amazing shows on any device is by getting the HBO Max app on it. If you have a subscription, you can add and stream HBO Max on Apple TV.
HBO Max Apple TV Subscription Plans
HBO Max is a subscription-based streaming service available on multiple devices. Let’s explore the different plans they offer.
- The ad-based HBO Max subscription charges you $9.99 per month.
- An ad-free HBO Max subscription costs $14.99 per month.
- With any one of these subscription plans, you can access a library of 10000 titles in multiple genres.
- Also, get three simultaneous streams on an HBO Max subscription.
- The HBO Max app streams show in 1080p as well as 4K qualities.
How to Get HBO Max on Apple TV
HBO Max has made the app available for Apple TV 4k and HD users can enjoy the service. So, if you wish to add the app, follow these instructions.
Pocket Guide: Open the tvOS App Store > search for HBO Max > select the app > click Get > select Open >> sign in and start streaming.
1. Launch the App Store on your Apple TV 4th generation and later.
2. Click on Search and then search for the HBO Max app.
3. You need to pick the HBO Max app from among the search results.
4. Download the HBO Max app by clicking on the Get button.
5. Wait for the app download completes.
6. Once the download is over, launch the HBO Max app on your device.
7. If you already have a subscription, Sign In by entering the HBO Max credentials of your subscription. In case you aren’t subscribed, Sign Up for a subscription with the in-app purchase.
Related: How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Apple TV
Alternative Method: How to Download HBO Max with AirPlay
The HBO Max app supports the AirPlay feature. So if you have the iOS app on one of your devices, you can cast it on your Apple TV and stream the same. Follow these simple steps to get the work done.
Note: This method will work if you want to stream HBO Max on Apple TV 3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation.
1. Connect both your iPhone/iPad and the Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your iPad/iPhone, install the HBO Max app from the App Store.
3. Once the download completes, launch the app and Sign in to your HBO account.
4. Play any content you like from the app.
5. Tap on the AirPlay icon.
6. From the list of available devices, pick your Apple TV device.
7. Start streaming the content on your TV.
Now, you know how to add and stream HBO Max. If you have a subscription, add the same on other devices as well. HBO Max is available on Roku, FireTV, Google TV, and Android TV as well.
Related: YouTube TV on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get the HBO Max app on your device from the App Store. Also, you can use the AirPlay feature on your TV from an iPhone or iPad.
You can add HBO Max only on the fourth-generation Apple TV and Apple TV 4K only. On older Apple TV models, you might need to use the AirPlay feature.
It may not work when there is no internet or WIFI connection. In addition, it may not work if the app is outdated.
It may be because the TV model may not support the HBO Max app.
No. HBO Max isn’t available as a part of the Apple TV+ subscription.