Apple TV is one of the most awe-inspiring media streaming devices that gives you a premium experience. You can download popular apps like Netflix, Disney Plus, and Paramount Plus using the App Store on Apple TV. If you want more content on your Apple TV, you can get them by connecting other devices to it. In the same way, you can access more content if you connect your iPhone to the Apple TV. Let us find out the different ways to connect your iPhone to Apple TV.
How to Connect iPhone to Apple TV
You can only connect your Apple TV 4k or HD running with tvOS 11 and iOS device running on iOS 11 and later. Also, make sure that both your Apple TV and iOS device has the latest software. In addition, you need to enable Bluetooth on your iOS devices.
1. Initially, connect both the Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Turn on your Apple TV and press the Home button on it.
2. Open the Apple TV Settings menu and choose the Remotes and Devices option.
3. From the menu, select the Remote option.
4. Turn on your iOS device and bring it close to your Apple TV.
5. If you see a prompt on your iOS screen, tap Pair.
6. Now, you will get a code on your TV screen.
7. Enter the four-digit code displayed on the Apple TV on your iPhone.
How to Connect iPhone to Apple TV Without Remote
One of the easiest methods to connect an iPhone to a TV is using the AirPlay feature.
1. Initially, check if your Apple TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
2. Launch the Control Center on your iPhone.
3. Select the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center.
4. Next, select your Apple TV from the list on your screen.
5. Finally, the iPhone screen will mirror your Apple TV.
6. Now, select to stream any content from the iPhone and watch the same on your Apple TV.
If you have an AirPlay-supported app on your iPhone, you can cast content on your Apple TV with the built-in AirPlay icon.
1. Initially, ensure that both the Apple TV and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the AirPlay supported app on your iPhone and tap the AirPlay icon.
Note: In some apps, you might need to tap the Share icon and then the AirPlay icon.
3. Next, choose your Apple TV from the list.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t connect your iPhone to your device when both the devices are on different Wi-Fi networks.
Pair your iPhone with Apple TV from Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote > On your iOS device, tap Pair > Get a code on your screen > enter the code on your iPhone.
Yes. Go to Apple TV Settings menu > General > turn on Bluetooth > On your iOS device open Settings > Bluetooth. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Bluetooth.
You can’t pair your iPhone on your device only if they are not on the same WIFI network.
You can use the AirPlay feature on your iPhone to connect it with your TV and share content with them.
Any iPhone with iOS 11 or later, including iPhone 13, 12, 11, XR, 8, 7, and more.
You can follow the steps given in the above section to connect your iPhone 11 to your TV.
You can use Apple TV or AV cable to connect the iPad with the TV.