Apple TV subscription opens to a content-rich library with exciting movies and shows. If you have an Apple TV subscription, you can download movies from Apple TV+ and channels like A&E Crime Central, AMC+, EPIX, and STARZ to watch them offline. The expiry of these downloads depends on the channel hosting the content. In general, the expiry of downloads is set to 30 days. Also, some channels have a limit to the number of titles that you can download. Therefore, you might have to delete movies from the Apple TV library to download new titles. The procedure to delete movies and TV shows is as easy as deleting apps on Apple TV.
Can I Delete Movies from Apple TV
As we said before, the number of titles that you can download has a limitation on different channels. In addition, there might be a limitation on the number of devices you can download shows with Apple TV. You will get a notification from Apple TV once you reach the count. To download more titles, you can delete all the movies once you have finished watching.
How to Delete Purchased Movies from Apple TV
If you are wondering how to delete a movie from Apple TV, keep on reading. The same steps will work if you want to know how to delete shows from the Apple TV library.
How to Delete Movies from Apple TV Library using iPad/iPhone/iPod
By following these instructions, you can delete movies from your TV app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
1. On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, open the Apple TV app.
2. Next, select Library.
3. If you have downloaded it, you can see the Downloaded option. Select this option.
4. Find the movie that you wish to delete.
5. Swipe left on the movie and tap Delete.
6. Confirm the delete by tapping Delete Download.
Alternatively, you can use the settings menu on your device to delete the movie as follows.
1. Open the Settings menu on iOS and choose General.
2. Next, select the iPhone Storage or iPad Storage option.
3. Find the TV option and select it.
4. Navigate to the movie you wish to delete and swipe left on it.
5. Finally, select Delete.
How to Remove Purchased Movies from Apple TV from Mac
To remove the movies from the library using a Mac, follow these instructions.
1. Initially, open the Apple TV app on your Mac.
2. From the top of the window, choose Library.
3. On the sidebar, find the movie that you wish to delete.
4. Bring the mouse pointer over to the movie and click on the three-dotted More options button.
5. Next, select the Delete from library option and confirm the same.
Can’t Delete Movies from Apple TV: Fixes
If you find it hard to delete movies from the Apple TV library, try these troubleshooting fixes.
1. Make sure that you have downloaded the item. Downloaded items will have a downloaded sign next to them while the other show will not have one. If you haven’t downloaded the show, you can’t delete it.
2. If you have synced content on the Apple TV app from your Mac on iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, you need to remove the sync.
3. Hide the movie on the Apple TV app from Library > Choose the movie > More options button > Delete from library > Hide the item with a prompt.
4. Update the Apple TV and try again to delete the movies.
How to Cancel Apple TV Movie Purchase
If you wish to cancel an Apple TV movie purchase that you made accidentally, you can apply for a refund as follows.
1. Using a browser, visit reportapoblem.apple.com.
2. Sign In with proper credentials.
3. On the ‘I’d Like to’ field, choose Request a Refund.
4. Select the reason for refund and tap Next.
5. Next, choose the movie to delete and select the Submit option.
Now you know how to delete movies from the Apple TV library. Once you clear the library, you can download more movies and episodes of TV shows on it. You don’t have to bother removing movies if you don’t want to download additional movies. The movies get removed on their own in 30-days.
Frequently Asked Questions
To delete movies, open the AppleTV app > choose Library > Choose the movie > More options button > Delete from library.
You can hide movies open the Apple TV app > choose Library > Choose the movie > More options button > Delete from library > Follow the instructions to hide.
To delete the purchased movies from iPad, open Settings > General > > iPad Storage > TV > swipe left on the movie to delete > Delete.