Unlike other streaming devices, Apple TV doesn’t generally support VPN services, and there is no VPN application that’s available for download. But, that doesn’t mean that you can’t access any VPN on your Apple TV. We have CyberGhost VPN that works fine on Apple TV. CyberGhost VPN ensures the users the online privacy and security that is otherwise challenged. Also, you can unlock content that has been blocked because of your geographic location. It simply means that with CyberGhost, you can watch all the titles on popular apps like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more. The following section will help you set up CyberGhost on Apple TV.
CyberGhost VPN helps to encrypt your online traffic and hide your true IP address. It gives protection for online streaming, torrenting, shopping, banking, and gaming. If you wish to subscribe, have a look at the subscription plans.
- $2.29/mo for 3 Years + 3 Months
- $3.25/mo for 2 Years
- $4.29/mo for 1 Year
- $12.99/mo for 1 Month
How to Install CyberGhost VPN on Apple TV
Follow these instructions to set up a CyberGhost VPN on an Apple TV.
1. Initially, visit the CyberGhost VPN website.
2. Click on the Get Cyberghost VPN button. From the list of plans, tap Get plan of your wish.
3. Complete the transaction with the preferred payment mode and click Buy now.
3. Once the CyberGhost subscription process is over, you will get an email for confirmation.
4. Next, go to the CyberGhost website and select the My Account button on the top right corner of your screen.
5. Enter your Username and Password to log in.
6. From the left pane on your screen, select the VPN option and then the Smart DNS tab.
7. Next, click on the Activate IP Address button to launch the DNS setting page.
8. Click on the Apple TV tab to get a list of available DNS IP addresses in various countries.
9. Now, you need to scroll through the list and select and copy any IP address that is in the location you are looking for.
10. Power up your Apple TV and launch the Settings from the home screen.
11. Select the Network option and then the Wi-Fi connection that you are using a device.
12. From the page, select the Configure DNS option and change the same from Automatic to Manual.
13. On the DNS address page, carefully enter the Cyberghost Smart DNS IP in the respective field and click on Done.
14. Go back to the home screen, select Settings, and then choose System.
15. Finally, click on the Restart button. Once the restart is complete, your Apple TV is connected to CyberGhost VPN.
How to Connect Physical Router to Apple TV
Here’s how to set up CyberGhost VPN on Apple TV.
1. First of all, purchase a subscription on CyberGhost VPN.
2. Connect to the control panel or the router using the gateway address.
3. Enter the details that you used when you installed the router.
3. Click on the VPN tab from the sidebar to launch the VPN panel.
4. Select the Add Profile option and sign in with the proper credentials of your CyberGhost subscription.
5. Also, download the configuration for every server you use. Choose any of your file directories and click on Upload.
6. Click on Activate to connect your router to the VPN server.
7. Finally, connect your Apple TV to the router to establish a VPN connection.
How to Connect Virtual Router to Apple TV
1. Initially, turn on your Windows PC and open Settings, and select the Network & Internet option.
2. Next, turn on the Mobile Hotspot option.
3. Click on Status and then on Change Adapter Options.
4. Next, right-click on the CyberGhost option and then select Adapter.
5. From the menu, select Properties.
6. Next, select the Sharing tab and check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection option.
7. From the drop-down menu, select your Mobile Hotspot connection name.
This way, you can connect your Apple TV to the hotspot and start CyberGhost VPN.
How to Use CyberGhost on Apple TV
The following are the instructions to use CyberGhost VPN on Apple TV.
1. Click on the Login option from the top of the app window.
2. Follow the instructions to enter proper credentials and select the OK option.
3. Select the type of profile that you want (For example: Protect Wi-Fi, Surf Anonymously, and Unblock Streaming).
4. If you wish to access some geo-restricted content, select the Choose My Server option.
5. From the list of servers on your screen, select any server that you wish to connect with.
You can find more features on CyberGhost VPN for free. Automatically, a few features are turned on. At the same time, you need to enable other features. If you wish to block ads, enable ad-blocking and clear malicious websites with the Block Malicious websites option. Also, you can block online tracking with the CyberGhost VPN. Further, you can try the best VPN for Apple TV to make your online streaming effective.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, CyberGhost is one of the best choices for a VPN on your Android device.
Apple TV doesn’t support a lot of VPN options in the service. However, you can always choose to use VPN enabled router on it.
You can set up CyberGhost on Apple TV with SmartDNS, a physical router, and a virtual router.
You can get different VPNs on Apple TV like Private Internet Access, Cyberghost, ExpressVPN, Nord VPN, and Surfshark.
Yes, you can get a VPN on your Apple TV 4K and access geo-restricted content in it.
You can use your Apple TV channels out of your country if you have a subscription to a VPN even if these contents are geo-restricted.
You need to check the device manually to find if your router is compatible with a VPN. Also, you can find it by searching it online.