You might want to rename your Apple TV to a more convenient name. If you have more than one Apple TV, it might be hard to find your device when using the AirPlay feature to cast content on it. By default, the device is named Apple TV. However, identifying the device name on your casting device is extremely easy when you rename your device. In additon, the procedure to rename your Apple TV might be different on different versions of the device. So, let us find out how to rename different models.
Why Should I Rename Apple TV
You might want to rename your device for the following reasons.
- If you have more than one Apple TV with you
- The default Apple TV name is confusing you
- You may find the existing name as dull or boring
- When there are multiple Apple TV in the house
How to Change Name of Apple TV [Second and Third Gen]
Follow these instructions carefully to rename your second and third-generation models.
Pocket Guide: Open the Apple TV Settings menu > Navigate to General > Select your Apple TV > Rename your Apple TV.
1. On your Apple TV, open the Settings menu.
2. From the Settings menu, select the General option.
4. Now, you can rename your TV from the list of devices.
Related: How to Change Password on Apple TV
How to Rename Apple TV HD and 4K
Follow these instructions carefully if you have an Apple TV HD or an Apple TV 4K.
Pocket Guide: Open the latest tvOS models, go to the Settings menu > Click General > Select About > Select your Apple TV > Rename your Apple TV> Done.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
2. From the menu, select the General option.
3. Next, select the About option.
5. Now, you can rename your device to any name you like.
How to Rename Apple TV in Remote App
You can rename your device with the help of the remote app as follows.
1. On your iPhone/iPad, open the Apple TV Remote app.
2. From the app, tap your Apple TV.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and enter a four-digit passcode from your iOS device.
4. Using the remote app, open the Settings menu on your TV.
5. Finally, depending on your device model, rename your device from the Settings menu.
Related: How to Use Apple TV with iPad Via Apple TV Remote App
Frequently Asked Questions
Open the Apple TV Settings menu > General > About >Select your Apple TV > Rename your TV> Done.
You can use special characters to rename your device. You can even use your Apple logo as the newly assigned name.