Apple TV 4K is one of the most desirable streaming boxes available today. This is because of the amazing picture qualities supported by the device. You can enjoy pictures in HD and 4K resolution on the device. Apart from that, you can enjoy a bunch of popular apps, including Disney Plus, Hulu, and HBO Max. After getting an Apple TV device, you need to Set it Up. Setting Up an Apple TV refers to choosing the language, turning on Siri, and other basic features. Further, you can add apps to your device and enjoy them. If it is your first time, then this would be a confusing thing to do. Therefore, we shall discuss the method to set up Apple TV.
How to Set Up Apple TV?
You need to know well about the Apple TV device and connect it to the power and your TV. There are a few ports available on it. The following image will give you a clear idea of what is on your Apple TV device.
Before setting up an Apple TV device, you need the following.
- Strong Internet Connection
- HDMI cable (HDMI 2.0 or later for Apple TV 4K)
- Apple TV
How to Set up Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD?
1. Connect your Apple TV to power and then to your TV using the HDMI cable. If you are setting up an Apple TV 4K, you need an HDMI 2.0 or later models.
2. Turn on your TV and choose the HDMI input of your Apple TV.
3. Navigate to the language of your choice using a touchpad and choose it. Further, select your country or region.
5. Similarly, choose to use or not to use Siri as you want it to be.
6. Choose the Set Up with Manually option.
7. Next, you need to enter the proper credentials and add your Apple ID.
8. Also, add your Wi-Fi details to the device following the prompts.
9. If you are prompted, Sign in with details of your TV provider.
10. Next, turn on the One home screen to have the same screen on Apple TVs.
11. Further, add users to your Apple TV.
12. Now, the setup is almost complete, and you get the home screen.
13. Finally, add the apps on your device and start streaming the content of your choice.
Dark Mode/ Light Mode
The Apple TV might be in a default Dark mode. If you wish to change it to the Light mode, follow these instructions.
1. Launch the Settings app on your home screen.
2. Next, click on the General option on the menu.
3. Further, choose the Appearance option.
4. You can choose between the following options.
- Light Mode
- Dark Mode
- Automatic (It changes during the day)
Home screen with Home button
The Home button takes you to the Apple TV app instead of the Home screen. If you want to change it to the Home screen, follow these steps.
1. Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Choose the Remotes and Devices option on the menu.
3. Further, choose the TV Button.
4. Finally, change it from Apple TV app to Home screen.
After doing the regular setup of the Apple TV device, you can color balance the Apple TV screen. However, this is not a necessary thing to do. However, you might need to know about this feature that will make your screen look better. You need to own an iPhone to color balance your screen. Follow these steps for the same.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Apple TV 4K.
2. Choose the Video and Audio option and then the Color Balance option.
3. Further, you might need to follow the on-screen prompts.
4. As directed, hold your iPhone near your TV.
5. With this, a color balance screen appears on you, and you need to tap on the Continue option.
6. Hold the iPhones front camera near your TV, as shown below.
7. There will be a series of tests going on your Apple TV screen.
8. Finally, the Apple TV shows you two options, a screensaver of the screen before color balance and one after color balance. Choose the one you want.
9. With this, you aren’t calibrating your TV or any video inputs connected to it. All you do is customize the color balance of what the Apple TV displays on your TV.
Related: How to Pair Apple TV Remote?
Now you know how to set up your Apple TV easily. Further, we have discussed the method to color balance your Apple TV screen. Hope you find this session useful for the same.