Apple TV is one of the leading streaming devices in the market. With its sophisticated design and Very interactive tvOS, Apple TV stands out among its peers. However, the advanced features that come along with the device are just the cherry on top. This article will discuss one such feature that helps you customize the Apple TV for all the people who use your Apple TV device. This feature allows you a lot when it comes to custom settings on your user profile, program recommendations, and watch history, giving everyone a unique experience. Today we will discuss everything you need to know about How to Setup Multiple Users on Apple TV.
How to Add Apple TV Users from Device Settings?
1. Press the Home button on your Siri Remote Control.
2. Next, Click on the Settings app on the home screen.
3. In the settings menu, select Users and Accounts.
4. Further, select Add New User.
5. On the next screen, confirm your choice by clicking Add User to This Apple TV.
6. If you are adding an Apple ID for the first time on your device, click on Enter New. This screen also allows you to choose from previously used mail IDs.
7. Enter the Email address associated with the Apple ID of the new user, and then click on Continue.
8. This will be sent an invitation to the user you just added. Once your guest has accepted the invitation, Apple will provide them with a code.
9. Enter the code provided to the user to complete the setup.
If you have multiple Apple TVs in your household and want to add a new user to them, doing it one by one using the traditional method is a tedious task. Instead, you can add a User to all the devices using the Home App from your iOS device.
1. Open the Home app on your iOS device [iPhone/iPad]
2. In the Home app, tap on the home icon on the top left corner of the screen.
3. Next, from the dropdown menu, select the Home Settings option.
4. Further, tap on the Invite People option.
5. Further, enter the email address associated with the Apple ID of the new user you want to add to your Apple TV devices, and tap Send Invite.
6. The new user’s profile will appear on the home screen when the user accepts the request.
Related: How to Restart Apple TV?
Switch Users from Device Settings
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple TV, and choose Users and Accounts.
2. Select Current User from the Users and Accounts menu.
3. Select the desired profile from the Switch user screen.
Switch Users from the Control Center
1. Hold down the Home button on your Siri Remote Control.
2. Select the user account you want to switch to using the touchpad on your remote. The active account will display a checkmark right next to it.
I am sure we covered everything you needed to know about How to Setup Multiple Users on Apple TV. If you need to know more about Multiple user profiles on Apple TV, you can visit the Apple Support Site. For more cool articles on your Apple TV device, visit our blog.