Apple TV is an interesting streaming service with amazing Originals that you should never miss. It is available for download on Roku streaming devices and Roku TV. You can find interesting shows in different genres, including drama, romance, action, and thriller, in the app. The app is based on a subscription plan of $4.99 per month. Also, you get a free seven-day trial with a subscription. If you buy a new Apple device, Apple TV+ is free for three months. Let us find out how to watch Apple TV on Roku.
Roku TV Devices Compatible With Apple TV
Not all devices are compatible with Apple TV. If you want to find your Apple TV model, go to Settings > System > About. You can find out your Roku models with the model number as follows.
|Model Number||Roku Device|
|3600, 3800||Roku Streaming Stick|
|3810, 3811||Roku Streaming Stick+|
|3820||Roku Streaming Stick 4K|
|3821||Roku Streaming Stick 4K+|
|3900, 3940||Roku Express 4K|
|3900, 3930||Roku Express|
|3910, 3931||Roku Express+|
|3910, 3941||Roku Express 4K+|
|3920, 4620||Roku Premiere|
|3921, 4630||Roku Premiere+|
|4200, 4230||Roku 3|
|4205, 4210||Roku 2|
|4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800||Roku Ultra|
|4662, 4801||Roku Ultra LT|
|9100||Roku Smart Soundbar|
|9101||Roku Smart Soundbar|
|9101R2||Roku Streambar Pro|
|7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x||Roku TV|
How to Watch Apple TV on Roku TV
You can install Apple TV on Roku as follows.
1. Initially, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the menu.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option.
4. Type in and search for the Apple TV app and pick the app icon from the search results.
5. You can install the Apple TV app by clicking the Add Channel option.
6. Once the app download is complete, you need to press OK.
7. You can open the Apple TV app by clicking on the Go to Channel option.
How to Access Apple TV on Roku
After installing the Apple TV app, you can stream content from the Apple TV app. For this, you need to have an Apple ID. Launch the Apple TV channel
1. Open the Apple TV app on your Roku device and select the Settings option.
2. Next, select the Accounts option and select Sign In.
3. Click on the Sign In On This TV option and sign in with your Apple ID.
4. You can also select the Sign In On Mobile Device to activate the app using your smartphone.
5. Visit the Apple TV activation website and enter the code from your TV to activate the app.
6. Finally, you can start streaming your favorite Apple TV titles.
How to Get Apple TV on Old Roku Devices
If you can’t install the Apple TV app, you can screen mirror the app to your TV. Initially, you need to enable Screen Mirroring on Roku from Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Prompt/Always Allow. Finally, you can AirPlay Apple TV as follows.
1. Initially, connect both your Roku device and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Apple TV app on your iOS device and open the same.
3. Sign In to the app with the proper credentials into the app.
4. Select any title from the Apple TV app and tap the AirPlay icon.
5. Next, select your Roku device from the list.
6. Finally, you stream the show on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the Apple TV app, it means that your device is not compatible with the app.
No, you need to be subscribed to Apple TV Plus to stream the contents from the app.
The Apple TV subscription will cost you $4.99 per month and gives you a 7- day trial.
You can find the Apple TV app in the Channel Store and stream your favorite shows by signing in to the app with a subscription.
Apple Music app was added to the Roku Channel Store recently and you can listen to music from the app on your device.
Yes. You can watch Apple TV on Roku as the app is officially available on the Roku Channel Store.