If you are interested in binge-watching, you know what MTV is. It is a popular entertainment channel that offers the latest shows, series, news, music, and many other entertaining programs. The channel is available to stream on your devices with your Pay TV subscription credentials. It means there are no additional charges for watching MTV if you already have a Pay-TV subscription account. MTV brings you exclusive content like The Hills, Teen Mom2, The Challenge, Awkward, and much more. In addition, you can watch Pluto TV on Apple TV using the MTV app. Not only MTV app is available for all kinds of streaming devices like Amazon Firestick, Roku, and Apple TV, but it also has dedicated apps for Android and iOS devices. This article will discuss everything you need to know about MTV on Apple TV.
How to Install and Watch MTV on Apple TV
1. Make sure your Apple TV device has an active internet connection.
2. Open the App Store from your Apple TV home screen.
3. Type and search for MTV in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. From the search results, select the MTV app.
5. Select the Get button on the app info page to install the app on your Apple TV.
6. Once the installation of MTV is complete, click Open to launch the MTV app.
7. Once you launch MTV on your Apple TV, you will get an Activation Code on the screen.
8. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and go to the MTV activation website.
9. Enter the activation code and click on the Continue button.
10. Finally, Log in with your TV provider credentials, and you can start streaming your MTV content on your tvOS.
Related: How to Activate and Stream FandangoNow on Apple TV
Airplay MTV from iOS device to Apple TV [Alternative Way]
The first method works only on Apple TV 4th gen or newer models. If you are using one of the older models of Apple TV, you will not find a dedicated App Store. In that case, your only choice is to Airplay MTV to your Apple TV from an iOS device.
1. Firstly, download the MTV app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Connect your Apple TV and your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open the MTV app and Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
4. Play the video content you want to airplay to your Apple TV and tap the AirPlay icon.
5. Select your Apple TV device from the list of available devices.
6. Once the connection is established, you can watch MTV on your tvOS screen.
Hope this article was effective in giving you a clear picture of how to install and activate MTV on your tvOS. Remember, you require a Pay TV subscription to watch the contents of the MTV app. Also, if you are using a third-gen Apple TV device or older model, you will have to Airplay MTV to your Apple TV screen. For more cool articles about Apple TV, visit our blog.