Netflix is one of the first names that pop up in your mind when you think of the best media streaming services. The streaming service has a lot of different on-demand titles that will blow your mind. The Netflix shows can be classified under different categories according to the genres and languages. It includes movies, feature films, documentaries, animes, podcasts, and comedy shows. Also, they can be classified under genres like thrillers, romance, action, sci-fi, and horror. Additionally, Netflix airs Original shows in its library. If you have a Netflix account, then add it to your Apple TV.
The Netflix app has everything you need to keep you entertained. The best Netflix shows include Squid Game, The Crown, I Care A Lot and The Trial of the Chicago 7. All you need is a Netflix subscription to unlock the library and enjoy these shows. Then, if you like, you can download the Netflix shows and stream them offline.
Netflix Subscription Plans & Pricing
Netflix is a subscription-based streaming service. You get to choose from three premium subscription plans on Netflix. These plans stream your favorite titles without ad interruptions. Let’s explore the different plans on Netflix.
- The Netflix plan of $9.99 per month is the most affordable plan. This avails access to the whole Netflix library on your device. However, you can stream on just a device and in SD only.
- The Netflix Standard Plan of $15.99 per month streams the whole library in HD. This lets you access your account on two devices at the same time.
- The Netflix plan of $19.99 per month brings you the whole library in 4K. Also, enjoy your favorite shows on four different devices at once. So, you can share your subscription with your family and friends.
How to Get Netflix on Apple TV 4k and HD
Apple TV devices come with the Netflix app pre-installed in them. If you don’t have it, you can easily download Netflix on your device. Follow these simple steps to add the Netflix app to your device.
2. When the home screen appears, click on the App Store to open it.
3. Using the virtual keyboard, type and search for Netflix.
4. Among the app suggestions, select the Netflix icon.
5. Further, select the Get button to start downloading the app.
6. Next, click Open to launch Netflix from the home screen.
7. Further, provide the Netflix Apple TV log in to use your existing account.
8. Finally, start streaming your favorite Netflix shows.
Note: You can sign out of Netflix on Apple TV at any time to login with a different account,
How to Watch Netflix on Apple TV Via AirPlay
You can access the app on all Apple TV models from the second-generation. Unfortunately, the app doesn’t support the AirPlay feature. So, if you want to watch Netflix on your TV from your iPhone/iPad, you need to screen mirror your device. Follow these steps to screen-mirror the Netflix app.
1. Start by connecting the Apple TV and the iPhone/iPad to the same Wi-Fi connection.
2. Install the Netflix app on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Launch Netflix and then sign in to your Netflix account.
4. Close the Netflix app and then pull down the Control Center.
5. Further, tap the Screen Mirroring option.
6. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
7. Finally, start playing your favorite Netflix content and watch them on your TV.
Why is Netflix not working on Apple TV
Netflix may not work for different reasons, and that needs to be fixed for the effective functioning of the app. Some of the working fixes are listed down.
- Connect to the high-speed WIFI.
- Check if the servers aren’t down.
- Turn off Apple TV and turn it on.
- Restart Apple TV.
- Check and update Netflix app with the latest version.
- Delete the app on Apple TV and install it again.
- Try to update Apple TV.
- Finally, reset Apple TV.
Although it is a built-in app, you can still install on the latest models including Apple TV 4K and HD if you have uninstalled it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we can add and stream Netflix on all the models.
You will find it along with the other apps in the apps section on the Apple TV.
Yes. You can install and stream it or screen mirror from the iOS or Mac PC.
Yes. The general troubleshooting will fix the issues with the app.
It may be because of the wrong sign in details or poor internet connection. In some cases,the subscription might have expired, and you may not be able to open it.
To update the Netflix app, open Settings >> Apps >> check in Automatically Update Apps.
Navigate to the Netflix app tile, press down the center of the touchpad, or hold the Select button until the app starts to wiggle. Now, click on the Play/Pause button and choose Delete. Click Delete once again to confirm your action.
While it is free to download, it isn’t free with Apple TV.