PBS KIDS is a streaming platform specially designed for children of age groups from 2-8. It features live TV shows, 350+ free full episodes, and several educational videos to improve imagination and curiosity. PBS KIDS also broadcasts famous TV shows like Alma’s way, Arthur, The Cat in the Hat, Curious George, and more. Children can easily learn school topics with curriculum-based entertainment with its dedicated app. With the installation of PBS KIDS on Apple TV, children can learn educational content in the form of videos and games. It is completely free to download and use. Therefore, you don’t need to subscribe or create a new account to access PBS KIDS TV shows on your tvOS.
How to Install PBS KIDS on Apple TV
PBS KIDS app is officially available on the App Store for tvOS. So you can easily install the app by following the instructions given below.
1) Initially, switch on your Apple TV and ensure it has a valid internet connection.
2) Next, launch the App Store from the home screen.
3) Tap the Search bar to type PBS KIDS and search for it.
4) Select PBS KIDS from the search results.
5) The app description window appears. Click on the Get option to install.
6) If the installation is done, tap Open to launch the app.
AirPlay PBS KIDS to Apple TV
Suppose if you are using an older generation Apple TV, you cannot install the app from the App Store. In this case, you can install the app on your iOS device and perform screen mirroring to Apple TV. So, proceed with the steps given below.
1) Make sure to connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Install PBS KIDS on your iOS from the App Store.
3) Once done, open PBS KIDS and play the content of your wish.
4) Go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5) Click on Apple TV from the list of connections.
6) The content playing on your handheld gets screen mirrored to TV using AirPlay.
Related: How to Install and Watch YouTube Kids on Apple TV
How to Activate PBS KIDS on Apple TV
1) If you launch the PBS KIDS app for the first time, you will receive an activation code.
2) Visit kids.pbs.org/activate from any browser.
3) Enter the code on the field provided and click Continue.
4) Next, you have to sign in with your Google/Facebook/PBS account.
5) PBS KIDS is now activated. Start watching activity-based knowledge videos for children.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What is the advantage of PBS KIDS?
Children can learn science, technology, engineering, and math skills as video lessons with PBS KIDS.
2) What are the supported devices for PBS KIDS?
It works on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, and Chromecast.
3) Is PBS KIDS ad-free?
As children are vulnerable to advertisements, it comes ad-free.