Safari is the fastest and secured web browser in the world introduced by Apple, Inc. Just like other browsers, you can use Safari to browse websites, bookmark favorites, and launch multiple sites on different tabs. It is compatible only with the Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, and computers running on macOS. Unfortunately, it is not available for Apple TV to date. It is because Apple Inc. has thought that browsing using the smart TV remote isn’t effortless. Despite its unavailability, if you prefer to use Safari on Apple TV, we have got you an alternative approach. i.e., You shall use your iOS device to surf the web and mirror the screen to TV.
Is Safari Free?
Safari is a free use browser exclusively for Apple users. They are making money through search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, or DuckDuckGo. Therefore, they won’t charge the users for using the browser.
Features of Safari Browser
The following are the exciting features of Safari that make it standalone from the other browsers.
- The Handoff feature helps transfer images, video, or text from any iOS device to the Mac computers.
- Password Monitor will alert you to change the password in case of a data breach.
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention protects your data from trackers whenever you surf the web.
- You can see the privacy report weekly to know how it protects your browsing.
- Voice search allows you to search websites using your voice.
- You can translate web pages into eight languages: English, French, Chinese, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese.
- The quick note helps to write down the notes instantly.
- It can support videos up to 4K.
How to Get Safari on Apple TV
It is accessible on Apple TV if you mirror the screen from your iOS device. Additionally, you upgrade to an iCloud+ subscription to fill the forms and sign-up on any website without entering your email address. The following process involves performing screen mirroring from any Apple device.
- Install Safari on your iOS device.
- AirPlay Safari to the Apple TV.
Guide to Install Safari Browser on iOS [iPhone/iPad]
Safari is the most powerful and privacy-protected browser, which comes preinstalled with most of its Apple devices. Need not worry if you don’t have a browser on your device, or you may accidentally uninstall it.
Here is a guide to installing Safari on your iOS device.
#1. Launch the App Store on your iOS device.
#2. On the search bar, type Safari and search for it.
#3. Click on the Get option to start the installation.
#4. Good job! Safari is successfully installed, and you can start browsing.
Related: How to Fast Forward on Apple TV
How to AirPlay Safari to Apple TV
After you have installed it, you just need to perform screen mirroring to see the browsing activities on your Apple TV. Make sure to connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow these simple instructions to proceed further.
#1. Launch Safari on your iOS (iPhone/iPad).
#2. Navigate to the webpage you want to browse.
#3. Now, launch the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
#4. You will see a list of available devices to connect.
#5. Select your Apple TV.
#6. With this, you will get the Safari Browser on Apple TV. It will start mirroring the contents onto the Apple TV screen.
Start surfing favorite websites and even play 4K videos to enjoy it on a big screen.
Safari Supported Devices
- Apple Watch
1) Can you use Safari on Apple TV?
It is not available for Apple TV, but you can AirPlay it from the supported devices (iPhone/iPad/Mac).
2) How do I cast from Mac to Apple TV?
On your Mac, click Control Center in the menu bar, click Screen Mirroring, then select your Apple TV.