It was always easy to use an Apple TV with its remote control. However, once the Siri remote was introduced, the convenience of using the device escalated to more heights. With the remote in your hand, you can voice control all the functions on your Apple TV. You can search for music, podcasts, launch apps, check stocks, weather, and scores with Siri. Currently, Siri is available in a few countries, including the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, and Japan. It is also possible to use Siri in other countries as well. All you need is a fourth-generation model or newer version to have access to the Siri support. The section is completely dedicated to how to access Siri on Apple TV.
How to Turn On or Turn Off Siri on Apple TV
When you set up your device for the first time, you will be asked if you want Siri support. Even if you don’t turn on Siri at the moment, you can turn it on at any time later.
Pocket Guide: On Apple TV, go to Settings > select General > choose Siri > Turn On or Off Siri.
1. On your Apple TV home screen, select and launch the Settings app.
2. From the settings menu, select the General option and then the Siri option
3. Here, you can choose to turn off Siri by selecting the Off option. To turn on Siri on Apple TV, select b.
How to Enable Siri in an Unsupported Country on Apple TV
If you are in a country where Siri support is not officially available, you can follow these steps to get access to Siri.
1. On your Apple TV, launch the Settings menu.
2. From the settings menu, select the General option.
3. Under the Language and Region section, select the Language option.
4. Next, change the language of your Apple TV to English.
5. Once again, launch the Apple TV Settings and then select the Accounts option.
6. Under the Apple ID, select The iTunes and App Store option.
7. Now, you shall navigate to choose the Location option.
8. Next, you need to change your Apple TV App Store account to US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, or Spain.
9. Once again, launch the Settings menu and select the Accounts option.
10. Next, select the iTunes and App Store option and sign in with a US-based account.
11. Now, you get a pop-up asking if you would like to enable Siri. Click on the Use Siri option.
12. Hold down the Siri button on your Apple TV remote and say what you want your device to do. With that, you can check if Siri has been successfully enabled.
13. In case you don’t get a prompt from Siri, go to Settings > General > Siri > Turn Siri On.
14. If Siri is still not available, you can simply restart your Apple TV.
How to Activate and Use Siri on Apple TV
You can ask Siri questions, and it displays the answer on your screen. With an aim of not interrupting your streaming, Siri does not give you a reply.
1. Take the Apple TV Siri remote in your hand and hold down the Siri button.
2. You can voice command by telling what you want the Apple TV to do.
3. Once you are done, remove your finger from the Siri button.
4. With that, Siri gives you the answer or searches for the app or shows that you are looking for and plays it.
5. To get ideas on what you can ask Siri, simply press and release the Siri button.
What Can Siri on Apple TV Do?
You can search for any content on Apple TV by searching for the title, cast, actors, director, genre, popularity, rating, and age. Once the results appear on your screen, you can further filter off them by giving more conditions.
- For instance, if you had searched for a show, you can filter them by asking to show only the ones from this year.
- In the same way, you can ask Siri to play music from Apple Music with artist name, genre, title, album title, and the year of release.
When it comes to controlling Apple TV, you can play, pause, skip backward, skip forward, turn subtitles on and off, and start a show from the beginning with the help of Siri.
- For example, You can ask Siri ‘What did he or she say?’ Then, Siri will skip the show 15 seconds backward. In the same way, you can control music including playing the next song, adding a song in the library, skipping a song, and shuffling songs.
You can also check the weather with Siri on your TV. Siri can report to you both the local and worldwide weather.
- All you have to do is ask Siri how warm is it today?
If you wish, you can find prices of stocks and worldwide markets with Siri.
If you are a sports fan, you can get the latest scores of any sports event with Siri. In addition, you can get information about your favorite team and its players on your screen.
Siri Not Working on Apple TV: Troubleshooting Tips
If you feel like Siri is not properly working on your device, follow these instructions.
- Check if Siri is disabled on your device. If not, go to the Settings and enable the same.
- If you have used a language that does not match the language in Siri settings, you need to change it. Go to Settings > General > Siri > Language > Choose the language you wish.
- Check if your Siri remote is drained off its batteries. It is advised to keep the charge on your battery at least 50%. Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote > Check the battery level.
- Try using another remote and make sure there is no problem with your current Siri remote. You can also try using your remote on another Apple TV.
- As we said before Siri is not supported in all countries. Therefore, check if you have provided an Apple TV ID in a region out of these. If not, change your ID accordingly.
- If none of the above tips was useful enough for you try restarting your Apple TV. Go to Settings > System > Restart.
- If your Apple TV has a pending software update, then it is advised to update your Apple TV Firmware. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Update Software.
- If none of the above troubleshooting steps was of help to you, then you might have to reset your Apple TV. Resetting your device will remove all the content on it. Go to Settings > System > Reset > Reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, It is possible to access Siri on an Apple TV. Apple TV 4K comes with a Siri-supported remote as well.
You can access Siri on your Apple TV to search for apps, launch apps, play videos, music, and more.
Yes. You can use Siri to control and play Apple Music.
To activate Siri, you need to press the microphone icon on your Apple TV remote controller.