Sky Go is a streaming service that lets you access plenty of live TV channels, movies, TV series, documentaries, etc. You can browse and watch your favorite titles listen under Entertainment, Kids, News, and Sports. The Sky Go app is currently compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac desktops. You can even record live shows for watching it at a later point. It is accessible only in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. If you have already subscribed to any Sky TV package, you will get complete access to Sky Go at zero additional cost. Let’s discuss how to stream Sky Go on Apple TV.
How to Watch Sky Go on Apple TV
The Sky Go app isn’t launched for Apple TV. So you should use the following methods to stream it.
- AirPlay using iOS
- Screen Mirror using Android
- AirPlay using Mac
AirPlay using iOS
Here is a guide for watching Sky Go on Apple TV using your iPhone or iPad.
1) Launch the App Store on your iOS device.
2) Type Sky Go on the search field and locate the app.
3) Pick up Sky Go from the results and tap the Get button.
4) After the Sky Go installation, open the app and log in with Sky Account credentials.
5) Now, connect your iOS and tvOS to the same Wi-Fi network.
6) Go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
7) Choose your Apple TV from the available devices.
8) Screen mirroring is now activated, and you will find your iOS screen on your tvOS.
9) Start playing any video on the Sky Go app to mirror the screen to the TV.
Screen Mirror using Android
Follow these steps to screen mirror Sky Go on Apple TV using your Android smartphone.
1) Install the EShare app on your Android from the Google Play Store.
2) Make sure to connect your Android and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) After that, launch the EShare app and pick up your Apple TV device name.
4) Click Start Now if a pop-up appears on the screen.
5) This will start mirroring your smartphone to the Apple TV.
6) Now, launch the Sky Go app on your Android phone. Go ahead with logging in with the Sky Go account.
Note: If you haven’t installed Sky Go on the Android device, you shall download the app from the Google Play Store.
7) Once done, you can log in to your Sky Go account and watch your favorite shows on a big screen.
Related: How to Get Kayo on Apple TV to Live Stream Sports
AirPlay using Mac
Optionally, you can use your Mac to AirPlay Sky Go to Apple TV.
1) Begin by connecting your Apple TV and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Tap the AirPlay icon on the menu bar at the top of your Mac.
3) Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices that appears on the screen.
4) Following that, launch the Safari Browser on your Mac.
5) Visit Sky Go’s official website and click the Sign-in option.
6) After that, log in with a valid username and password.
If you play any videos on the Sky Go website, the same gets mirrored to the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The broadcaster will officially launch the Sky Go app on Apple TV, including the Sky subscribers, in the UK in the first half of 2022.
Sky Go can be accessed for free if you have a Sky TV subscription. It starts at £26 a month.
No, Sky Go is geo-blocked outside the US. However, you can use the VPN on Apple TV to unblock the geo-restrictions and stream it.