Sling TV is a popular Live TV streaming service that has managed to get the top place among the live TV services. It is popular for its contrasting subscription plans, Sling Blue and Sling Orange. These plans have different channel line-ups for you to choose from. Among the streaming services, Sling TV is a lot affordable, and it lets you customize your subscription. This section will help you know in-depth about adding and streaming Sling TV on Apple TV.
Sling TV streams popular news, sports, and other entertainment channels. Some of which include ESPN, AMC, HGTV, Cartoon Network, Travel Channel, and A&E. It features more than 200 channels with more than 85000 on-demand shows and movies. It includes 50 hours of cloud storage, and you can record to stream them offline. Furthermore, you can enjoy streaming the app on multiple devices, including Roku, Fire TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices.
Sling TV Subscription Plans
The Sling TV app brings you three basic subscription plans. Of course, you need to subscribe to any one of these plans. Further, you can add more channels in the form of add-ons.
1. Sling Orange Basic Plan streams over thirty channels at just $35 per month.
- Some of the channels in the plan include USA, Cartoon Network, FOX, BBC America, Nick Jr., NBC, and TNT.
2. The Sling Blue Plan has more than 40 channels at $35 per month.
- Some channels in this plan include AMC, Cartoon Network, TBS, HGTV, CNN, ID, Lifetime, Disney Channel, and History.
3. Sling Orange and Sling Blue plans have more than fifty channels at just $50 per month.
- Popular channels in this plan include discovery Channel, EPIX, EPIX 2, FX, MSNBC, TBS, and Univision.
4. Also, you can get premium channels on Sling TV. It includes Showtime at $10/ mo, Starz at $9/mo, Epix at $5/mo, and more.
- Furthermore, there are add-on packs or extras on Sling TV. It includes Sports Extra at $15/mo, Kids Extra at $ 6/mo, News Extra at $6/mo, and more.
- Additionally, get fifty hours of Cloud DVR storage at $5 per month for offline streaming.
How to Add Sling TV to Apple TV 4k & HD
The Sling TV Apple TV app is all ready for download on your App Store. So, you can easily add and stream the app on your Apple TV device.
Pocket Guide: Open the App Store >> select Search option >> type as Sling TV >> click Get >> select Open >> login and watch your favorite shows.
1. On your Apple TV, open the App Store.
2. Click on the Search option and then search for the Sling TV app.
3. From the search results, pick the Sling TV app.
4. Download the Sling TV app by clicking on the Get button.
5. Wait till the app download to complete.
6. Launch the Sling TV app after the download is over.
7. Using your Sling TV subscription credentials, log in to the channel.
8. Finally, start streaming the live TV channels on the Sling TV app.
How to Watch Sling TV on Apple TV Older Generations Via AirPlay
You can’t add the Sling TV app on your older generation devices, so it might be hard to stream Sling TV. However, this doesn’t mean that you can never stream Sling TV. If you have an older version of Apple TV, you need to screen mirror the iOS app on your TV. It is the only possible way to watch Sling TV on your TV. Ensure that you have the following requirements before you start screen mirroring.
- A Strong Internet connection
- Sling TV subscription
- iOS device(iPhone/ iPad)
Steps to Setup Sling TV on Apple TV:
1. Initially, connect both your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. If you don’t have the Sling TV app, install it on your iOS device from the App Store.
3. Once the download completes, open the Sling TV app.
4. Enter the Sling TV Sign-in credentials.
6. Once done, close the app after signing in to it.
7. Swipe up the screen to get the control center.
8. Further, click on the Screen Mirroring button.
9. From the list of available devices, choose your Apple TV.
10. With this, your device starts streaming on your Apple TV.
11. Finally, open the Sling TV app on your iOS device and start streaming it on your TV.
Now, you can enjoy streaming your favorite TV channels with Sling TV on your TV easily. Apart from Live TV channels, Sling TV offers more than 80000 titles of on-demand content. Also, you can record your favorite shows with Cloud DVR and stream them offline. So, Sling TV offers you unlimited entertainment, and you will never miss out on your favorite shows.
Related: Spotify Music on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
The Sling TV app is available for download on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K. However, third-generation Apple TVs and older models don’t support the app. So, you need to cast the app from your iOS device on your older generation TVs.
The Sling TV app is available for download in the App Store. You can add it to your device like any other supported app. If you have an older generation Apple TV, you can stream Sling TV by mirroring your iOS device.
If you have a third-generation TV, you can’t add the Sling TV app. However, you can screen mirror the Sling TV app from your iPad or iPhone to your TV.
No. It is a subscription-based service available for download at premium rates. However, new users can get Sling TV for free with the free trial.
To fix the issue, you shall force quit the app, relaunch the app and try loading. When the issue doesn’t get resolved, you shall uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Yes. You can download Sling TV on your Android or iPhone and iPad.
You can launch the Sling TV app after the download to sign in to your account and start streaming it on your TV.
You can search for the app in the apps section or ask Siri to open it for you.
Yes. Sling TV will work on Apple TV 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation. However, the method differs based on the model you own.