TED Talk or TED Conferences is an annual conference where people who have made remarkable achievements in a particular field will share their knowledge in the form of short and powerful talks. It was started in 1984, covering three genres, namely Technology, Entertainment, and Design. And now, it has developed to the point of covering all topics like Business, Innovation, Social Change, Health, Environment, Communication, and more. It has subtitles support and so the viewers can easily understand and get the most out of it. TED is compatible with Android, Apple TV, iOS, Windows, and more.
Features of TED App
- You can watch TED talks with subtitles in over 100 languages
- It allows you to download videos and watch them offline
- Can switch between light and dark mode
- Using the “Suprise Me!” feature, you can get instant inspiration
- Add talks that you like to your list so that you can stream them later
How to Watch TED on Apple TV
Pocket Guide: On Apple TV >> open App Store >> select Search bar >> type as TED >> select the app >> click Get >> select Open to launch the app.
1. Connect your Apple TV to a Wi-Fi Network.
2. Press the Home button on your paired Apple TV remote and select App Store.
3. Enter TED on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Choose the app from the search results and click on Get.
5. The app will be installed on your Apple TV and go back to the home screen.
6. Launch the TED app and select the show you want to watch.
Note: If you have a TED account, you can directly log in with your account credentials.
7. Enjoy streaming the show on Apple TV.
Alternative Methods to Stream TED on Apple TV
There are two alternative ways in which you can stream TED on Apple TV. i.e., you can AirPlay the show to Apple TV
- Using iOS
- From Mac
How to Stream TED on Apple TV using iOS Devices
1. Connect your Apple TV to a WiFi network same as your iPhone/iPad.
2. Launch your iOS device and open App Store.
3. Click on the Search bar and enter TED.
4. Choose the app from the suggestion list and click on Get to install the app from App Store.
5. Now, go to Control Center and click on the Screen mirroring icon.
6. Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
7. On the Apple TV, select Allow when asked for permissions.
8. The iOS device screen will be mirrored to Apple TV.
9. Open the TED app, play a talk show, and start streaming the same content on your TV.
How to Stream TED on Apple TV Using Mac Device
1. Connect Apple TV and Mac device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your Apple TV, go to Settings and select AirPlay.
3. Click on AirPlay and turn it On.
4. On your Mac device, select the Apple icon on the home screen.
5. Select the System Preferences option and choose Displays.
6. Click on AirPlay Display and select your Apple TV.
7. The contents on your Mac screen get mirrored to Apple TV.
8. Open your browser and search for TED.
9. From the search results, choose the official website of TED.
10. Sign in with your account details and enjoy watching TED on your Apple TV.
How to Solve TED App Not Working on Apple TV
You can solve TED not working on your Apple TV using the methods below:
- Check the internet connection
- Find if the TED service is working
- Restart TED App
- Restart Apple TV
- Update the app on Apple TV
- Uninstall and Reinstall the TED app
- Update Apple TV
- When nothing helps, you shall reset your Apple TV.
TED Talk is one of the most popular platforms to listen to talk shows or podcasts by great speakers and influencers in the world. The app aims to ignite the curiosity of the listener and motivate them to learn something new. With the membership, the users will get access to the member-only events and have conversations with the TED speakers. In addition, the users can experience TED Talks without ad intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can stream TED talks on Apple TV.
Yes. The service is free to download and use. However, you can get a TED membership that costs $5/mo and $50/yr for exclusive features.