VH1, aka Video Hits One, is an American basic cable network by ViacomCBS. The channel mainly focused on bringing reality shows of music personalities and celebrities. You can sign up with your TV provider and start watching popular shows like Love & Hip Hop Atlanta, Black Ink Crew New York, RuPaul’s Drag Race, and more. It also comprises movies like Adventures in Christmasing, Let’s Get Married, Miracles across 125th Street, Hip Hop Family Christmas, The Bitch Who Stole Christmas, and more. Take a look at how to install the VH1 app on your Apple TV.
VH1 comes for free with a TV provider subscription. You need a valid account from any of the streaming providers listed below. In other words, you shall watch VH1 without cable with the below services.
- Philo – $25/month
- Sling TV – $35/month
- Hulu + Live TV – $69.99/month
- fuboTV – $64.99/month
- DirecTV Stream – $69.99/month
- YouTube TV – $64.99/month
Guide to Install VH1 on Apple TV
The VH1 app is available on the App Store, and the installation process takes a few seconds. But it is compatible only if it runs with tvOS 13.0 or later. So, just follow the steps given below.
1) First of all, turn on your Apple TV and ensure it has an active internet connection.
2) Hover on the home screen to click on the App Store using the Apple TV remote.
3) Tap the search bar, enter VH1 and search for the app.
4) Select VH1 from the search results.
5) Click the Get button to install the app from the description page.
6) After it gets installed, tap Open to launch the VH1 app on your TV.
How to Activate VH1 on Apple TV
1) Launch the VH1 app on your Apple TV with the help of your Apple TV Remote.
2) Note down the activation code you received on the TV screen.
3) Visit vh1.com/activate from any browser.
4) Enter the activation code carefully on the box provided and tap Continue.
5) Next, sign up with your TV provider.
6) It takes a minute or two to verify your account and reload the content.
Finally, you can start streaming your favorite VH1 series or movies.
Related: How to Install and Watch Bravo on Apple TV
AirPlay VH1 to Apple TV
Alternately, you can install the VH1 app on your iOS device and AirPlay it to the Apple TV. Just follow the steps given below.
1) Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Search for the VH1 app on the App Store and install it.
3) Click Open to launch the app.
4) Sign in with your VH1 account.
5) Go to the Control Panel and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
6) From the list of available devices, select your Apple TV device.
Now it will start playing VH1 content on Apple TV from your iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Does Apple TV have VH1?
Yes, you can download it from the Apple App Store for free.
2) What devices does the VH1 app is supported?
It is compatible with Android, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, Chromecast, and Android TV.
3) Can you watch VH1 in Australia?
VH1 is geo-restricted and is available only in the US through a cable or streaming provider.