Vimeo is a well-recognized video hosting platform similar to YouTube. But the difference is it can stream HD videos smoothly with its better encoding and video quality. Vimeo allows the users to upload, screen record, live stream, edit, collaborate and share videos. Moreover, you can protect the sharing content with passwords and private links. Vimeo videos will not interrupt your streaming with ads like YouTube videos. In addition, Vimeo supports saving your favorite videos for offline viewing. Let’s look at installing and using Vimeo on your Apple TV.
Vimeo Plans and Pricing
Vimeo has a free basic tier in which you can upload videos only up to 500MB per week in this plan. In addition, it offers three types of subscription plans: Plus, Pro, and Premium. You will also get a free trial on getting these plans.
- Plus – $7/month
- 5GB of total account storage.
- Unlimited groups, channels, and showcases.
- Enhanced security with domain-level privacy.
- Pro – $20/month
- Add 3 team members to your account.
- Unlimited stock photos, videos, and licensed music to create videos.
- Sell videos via Vimeo on Demand.
- A customizable embedded player with a user logo.
- Premium – $56.25/month
- Supports live streaming for up to 12 hours.
- Live audience chat, Q&A, polls, and graphics.
- Webcam browser-based production tools.
- Basic viewer-level analytics for webinars
How to Install Vimeo on Apple TV
Vimeo app is directly available on the App Store itself. Therefore, the installation process is very simple. The step-by-step procedure will help you get Vimeo on your tvOS.
1) First, you have to connect your Apple TV to the internet once you turn it on.
2) Navigate to your Apps section and tap on the App Store to open it.
3) From the top menu bar, click on the Search bar.
4) In the search field, enter Vimeo and search for it.
5) From the search results, choose the Vimeo app.
6) Now click on the Get option to install.
7) If it is installed, launch the Vimeo app by clicking on the Open option.
How to Use Vimeo on Apple TV
Here are the steps to activate and use Vimeo on your Apple TV.
1) Open the Vimeo app on your tvOS using your remote.
2) Click on the Login option and follow the on-screen prompts.
3) It will display an activation code for your device.
4) Visit vimeo.com/activate from any browser.
5) Enter the code on the provided field and click on the Connect device.
6) A success message will appear once it gets activated.
Start watching your favorite videos on nature, animation, documentaries and discover staff-picked playlists.
Related: How to Add, Activate, and Stream Plex on Apple TV
AirPlay Vimeo on Apple TV using iPhone/iPad
Using AirPlay, it is possible to stream Vimeo on Apple TV without installing the app. It requires an active internet connection and an iOS device for casting.
1) Initially, connect your Apple TV and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Install the Vimeo app on your iOS from the App Store.
3) Open the Vimeo app after the installation. Enter the Vimeo login details to use your account.
4) Play a video on the app and click on the AirPlay icon.
5) You will see a list of available devices. Select Apple TV.
6) Now, the video playing on your iPhone gets mirrored to your TV screen.
Vimeo Compatible Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is Vimeo available on Apple TV?
The Vimeo app is accessible from 4th and 5th generation (4K) Apple TV devices with tvOS 14.0 or higher.
2) Can you upload videos for free on Vimeo?
In a free basic plan, you can upload files maximum of up to 500MB per week and 10 files per day.