YouTube Kids is a video streaming platform designed for kids under 12 years of age. It features curated programs, TV shows, music, educational videos, etc. YouTube Kids delivers family-friendly content on topics like creativity, self-improvement, morals, and cartoon-based stories. It also restricts mature content so that children can watch their favorite videos safely. You can add up to eight child profiles with one YouTube Kids account. With this, each child gets personalized recommendations, viewing preferences, etc. YouTube Kids allows parents to block video or channel that seems irrelevant to the child. You can limit your child’s screen time upon setting up the timer. Download YouTube Kids on Apple TV to make your kids learn good things by themselves.
YouTube Kids Pricing
YouTube Kids app is available for free of cost. Also, you can stream unlimited entertainment and learning videos ad-free. It will just ask you to sign in with your Google account, and you can create up to 8 profiles per account.
Guide to Install YouTube Kids on Apple TV
Installing YouTube Kids on your Apple TV is simple and easy. It is officially available on the App Store, and the below steps are all you need to get the app on your tvOS.
1) Turn on your Apple TV and connect it to a strong Wi-Fi network.
2) From the home screen, launch the App Store.
3) Click on the search bar present in the top right corner of the screen.
4) Enter YouTube Kids using the virtual keyboard and search for it.
5) From the search suggestions, select YouTube Kids.
6) On the next screen, tap the Get option to install the app.
7) Finally, click Open to launch the app once the installation is completed.
7) Sign in with your parent account or create a profile for your kid.
At last, you can see the YouTube Kids library on your Apple TV. Click on the respective title to start streaming.
Related: How to Add and Stream Nick on Apple TV
AirPlay YouTube Kids to Apple TV
If you own Apple TV 3rd Generation or lower models, the above method is not applicable for you. Because YouTube Kids is compatible only with tvOS 12.0 or later on Apple TV 4K and later. In that case, you can cast the screen to TV from your iOS device. Let’s see how to AirPlay YouTube Kids to Apple TV.
1) Initially, connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Download and Install YouTube Kids on your iOS from the App Store.
3) Next, launch the app and log in with your Google account.
4) After that, play a video on YouTube Kids and click the AirPlay icon.
5) From the list of devices, choose the Apple TV.
Now you can watch the video on the TV screen. Enjoy watching entertainment and creative videos ad-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the supported devices for YouTube Kids?
It is supported on Apple TV, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Smart TV, and Android TV.
2) How many users are using YouTube Kids?
YouTube Kids has over 35 million viewers per week.
3) What is the most popular content on YouTube Kids?
ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes and Kids Songs are the most popular videos on YouTube Kids worldwide.