YouTube Music is a popular music streaming platform introduced by YouTube, a Google Inc division. It has 70 million songs in popular genres like Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Metal, R&B, K-Pop, and more. With the YouTube Music app, you can stream the latest songs, albums, playlists, artist radios, remixes, and more. You can access the YouTube Music library for free if you don’t mind ad interruptions. The lyrics feature helps to sing along to your favorite songs. Upgrade to a YouTube Music Premium subscription starting at $9.99/month to get benefits like Ad-free listening, background play, and offline downloads. Let’s find out how to listen to YouTube Music on Apple TV briefly.
How to Listen to YouTube Music on Apple TV?
Unfortunately, the YouTube Music app is not yet official for Apple TV. Instead, you can use AirPlay to stream from your iOS or Mac. In detail, let’s discuss the two possible ways to listen to YouTube Music on your device.
AirPlay YouTube Music to Apple TV (From iOS)
1) Connect your iOS device (iPhone/iPad) and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) From your iPhone, go to the App Store and search for YouTube Music.
3) Click the Get option to install the app.
4) Once done, Launch YouTube Music and click the Sign-in option.
5) Now login to your Google account and proceed.
6) Go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
7) From the list of devices, select your Apple TV.
8) Using AirPlay, your iPhone screen will be mirrored to the selected device.
If you play any songs on the app from your iPhone, it will simultaneously play on your Apple TV.
Related: How to Add and Listen to Tidal on Apple TV
AirPlay YouTube Music to Apple TV (From Mac)
YouTube Music can also be streamed on Apple TV using Mac computers. It requires an active internet connection and Safari Browser on Mac, which comes pre-installed as a part of macOS.
1) Initially, connect your Apple TV and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network and enable AirPlay Display.
2) Turn on your Mac and click on the AirPlay icon at the top right of the screen.
3) Tap AirPlay and choose your Apple TV from the list of devices.
4) Visit music.youtube.com from your Safari Browser on Mac.
5) After that, log in to your Google account with valid credentials.
6) At last, play a song of your choice and start listening to it on Apple TV.
Most of the music and songs of YT Music are available on YouTube. Youtube is available on Apple TV and you can install it directly on your device. With the help of YouTube, you can stream your favorite music on your TV. Unlike YT Music, you will watch the video along with the music.
Frequently Asked Questions
It starts from $9.99/month. In addition, you can listen to unlimited songs ad-free with a YouTube Music subscription.
It is free to download from the App Store on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.