YouTube is the one-stop destination to discover Music, Movies, Sports, Gaming, News, Learning, Fashion & Beauty, etc. It has separate sections to see what’s trending on YouTube in and around the world. You can subscribe to the channels of your favorite creators and stay updated with posts, stories, premieres, and live streams. Since it is an independent platform, you can even create or upload your video or share your opinion in the comments. It has over 1,300,000,000 users in the world. Sometimes it may not work properly due to technical bugs or glitches. You need to fix YouTube not working on Apple TV to proceed streaming it. The article covers the best fixes, and you can try them up to stream YouTube videos without any issues.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Apple TV
Here are the best fixes for YouTube not working issues on Apple TV.
1) Restart your Apple TV
Restarting the Apple TV helps remove the unidentified corrupted files and eventually releases some storage space. The background apps will be closed automatically to increase the performance. It can be done using any of these methods.
- Manual Restart
- Locate the power cable and unplug it from the outlet.
- Hold on for ten to twenty seconds.
- Finally, plug in the cable and turn on Apple TV again.
- Using Siri Remote
- Take your Siri Remote and locate the Home and Apple TV button.
- Press and hold the Home button and Apple TV button together until the light flashes.
- Finally, switch on your Apple TV again and check whether YouTube works perfectly.
2) Close Background Applications
RAM plays a key role for best performance while streaming videos on YouTube. Closing all the background apps will release some memory, making it sufficient to play videos smoothly. The following are the steps to do the same.
- On your Siri remote, double-tap the home button.
- A pop-up will display all the running apps on your Apple TV.
- Swipe right or left to go through the apps and swipe up to close it.
- Further, press the Home button to go back to the main screen.
- Launch YouTube, and play videos to check if the problem is sorted.
3) Check Software Updates
Basically, if there is an internal error or minor bugs, the technical team will release a patch to update the software. Let’s take a look at two scenarios.
- Update your Apple TV
- In your Apple TV, navigate to the Settings and click on the System tab.
- Next, tap on Update Software.
Once it gets updated, restart your device immediately to make sure everything works properly.
- Update YouTube
- Launch the App Store on your tvOS and click on the search bar.
- Type YouTube and click on Go to search for it.
- From the results, choose YouTube. Hit the Update option if it is available.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete.
- Finally, restart your Apple TV to make a change.
Launch the YouTube app and check whether the problem is cleared or not.
Related: How to Fix Netflix Not working on Apple TV
4) Reinstall YouTube app
Upon uninstalling and reinstalling YouTube, you can quickly clear some unidentified errors. Follow the steps given below.
- Take your Siri remote and highlight the YouTube app on the main screen.
- Press and hold on to the touch surface of the Siri remote until the apps jiggle.
- Check if the YouTube app is highlighted. With that, click on the Play/Pause button to delete the app.
- After that, visit the App Store and reinstall YouTube.
Furthermore, restart the Apple TV and play videos on YouTube to ensure it is working properly.
5) Check Internet Connection
Apple TV has built-in software to test your internet speed. You can clearly understand whether the internet speed is enough to run the apps by testing. Follow the instructions one by one to check.
- Launch Settings on your Apple TV.
- Scroll and click on the Network tab.
- Finally, tap on the Test Network and wait for the result.
It will show you either Passed or Failed after testing the connection. You can rectify this issue based on the results.
6) Check IP and DNS Settings
Follow these instructions carefully and configure your IP and DNS settings.
- On your Apple TV, navigate to the Settings and click on the Network tab.
- Following that, choose your connection, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Finally, set the Configure IP and Configure DNS to Automatic.
Later, restart your Apple TV and play videos on the YouTube app to check whether the problem is resolved.
7) Reset your Apple TV
If you reset your Apple TV, it will delete all the built-in cache and restore all the settings to factory default. The process is very simple, which is given below.
- First of all, go to Settings.
- Click on the System tab.
- Finally, tap on the Reset button even it prompts twice.
Now, the settings will get reverted back to default. Now, try to play some videos on YouTube and see whether it has been fixed.
Suppose if any of these measures doesn’t resolve the issue, you can directly report it to Apple TV Support and wait for their response. Check the community page if there are any solutions related to it. You can also contact Google Support Team regarding YouTube issues or else send a private message on Twitter to discuss it.