YouTube TV belongs to this league of popular Live TV options for you. It is an American streaming service from Google that brings more than eighty-five live TV channels to you. YouTube TV is a subscription-based streaming service that can replace your cable TV. One of the most appealing features of YouTube TV is that it streams local channels. If you are looking for guidelines on how to download YouTube TV on Apple TV, then this section is for you.
YouTube TV is one of the best live TV options for sports lovers. You can enjoy popular channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and BBC America. However, if you would like a live TV service with on-demand content, this is not for you.
How Much is YouTube TV on Apple TV
YouTube TV streams more than eighty channels in its streaming service.
- The YouTube TV subscription plan costs you $64.99 per month.
- YouTube TV gives you unlimited DVR storage space. So, you can record as much content as you want.
- The subscription will let you stream with six individual accounts in your household. It includes individual login, recommendations, and DVR.
- Also, you can stream from three simultaneous devices with one single subscription at the same time.
How to Get YouTube TV on Apple TV
YouTube TV has made its app available on multiple platforms so that anyone can stream it comfortably. So, you can get YouTube TV on Apple TV 4K and HD.
1. Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
2. Click on Search and then search for the YouTube TV app.
3. You need to pick the YouTube TV app.
4. Download the YouTube TV app by clicking on the Get button.
5. Wait for the YouTube app download completes.
How to Activate YouTube TV
After downloading YouTube TV, you need to activate the app to start streaming. Follow these instructions to get the app activated on your device.
1. Launch the YouTube TV app as the download is over.
2. Click on the Sign In option if you have a subscription. If you don’t have a subscription, click on the Start your 7-day free trial option.
3. Next, open the YouTube TV app on your iOS device.
4. Click on the “Try It Now” option and add the Google Account you wish to use.
5. Now, you need to confirm your current location in the US.
6. Next, you will get a list of channels available in your current location.
7. Also, you can add extra channels if you like by paying more.
8. Next, visit tv.youtube.com/start from your iPhone or PC.
9. You can see an Activation Code on your TV screen.
10. Enter the activation code on the website correctly.
11. With this, the channel gets activated, and you can start streaming its contents.
How to Watch YouTube TV on Apple TV Older Models
The YouTube TV app supports the AirPlay feature. So, if you have the iOS app on your iPhone/ iPad, you can stream it on your Apple TV 3rd generation. Ensure that you have a good Wi-Fi connection and a YouTube TV subscription before getting started.
1. Initially, connect your iPhone/ iPad and the Apple TV device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your iPad/iPhone, install the YouTube TV app.
3. As the download completes, open the app and Sign in to your account.
4. Play any live TV channel you wish to watch on YouTube TV.
5. Further, tap on the AirPlay icon.
6. From the list of available devices, pick your Apple TV.
7. Finally, start streaming the content on your TV.
Now, you know how to add and stream Youtube TV on your TV. Also, link your YouTube account to your YouTube TV account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can get YouTube TV on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K
On the home screen of YouTube TV, you can see the shows that are streaming live. Click on one of them to start streaming the same on your TV.
Yes. The YouTube app works on Apple TV as it is officially available for the newer models.
No. Since these models don’t have an App Store, you cannot download the YouTube TV app.
Yes. Most of the issues, including YouTube TV not working on Apple TV and other such issues, can be fixed by general troubleshooting like checking the internet connection, relaunching the app, restarting the device, etc.
Yes. You can fast-forward YouTube TV on Apple TV with a long press on the right edge of the Apple remote.