Zoom is the most popular video calling and video-conferencing application. The main reason for its popularity is the stability of the app and the features it supports. It has both a free tier and curated plans to meet your needs. If you are looking for a video conferencing app for huge meetings, Zoom is the best choice. The app can make the audio, video, and screen sharing work at its best in bigger meetings like no one else can. This section will help you add and stream Zoom on Apple TV.
Compared to other video conferencing apps, the size of zoom meetings is bigger. Zoom can accommodate 500 participants in a meeting, while Google Meet and Microsoft Teams can only let 250 people in a meeting. In addition, zoom is and has been working on the app’s safety. You can add secure passwords to your meetings to ensure the same.
Zoom Subscription Plans
Zoom has four different plans with different features.
- The Basic Plan is a free plan that lets you have an unlimited number of meetings.
- You can have only a 40-minute duration for group meetings with 100 participants.
- This plan costs $14.99 with unlimited meetings for a single host.
- There is no time limit for group meetings with 100 participants.
- This plan costs $19.99 for a host and lets you combine 10 or more host accounts.
- There is no limit on the number and duration of meetings with a maximum of 300 participants.
- The Enterprise plan costs you $19.99 per host and combines 100 or more host accounts.
- There is no limit on the number and duration of meetings with a maximum of 500 participants.
How to Get Zoom on Apple TV
There is no official Zoom application on an Apple TV. However, this doesn’t mean that you can never get the app on your TV. You can use the AirPlay feature to get the Zoom app on your TV. You need to have the following to use Zoom on your TV.
- A Strong Wi-Fi connection
- Zoom account
- iPhone/ iPad/ Mac
How to Zoom on Apple TV from iOS devices?
In this method, we shall use an iOS device to get Zoom on an Apple TV.
1. Begin by connecting your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
2. If you don’t have the Zoom app, add it to your iOS device from the App Store.
3. Launch the Zoom app and log in with the credentials of your account.
4. Open your Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. The screen will display a list of available devices.
6. Choose your Apple TV from the list.
7. Within a few minutes, your iOS device screencasts on your TV.
8. Finally, open the Zoom app on your iOS and sign in to your account.
9. You can host a meeting or join a meeting with the meeting ID.
Related: How to Use FaceTime on Apple TV
How to AirPlay Zoom Meeting to Apple TV from Mac
In this method, let’s use Mac to get Zoom streaming on an Apple TV.
1. Firstly, connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. If you haven’t already, add the Zoom Client for Meetings on your Mac.
3. Open the Zoom app and log in with your account credentials.
4. Click the AirPlay Display icon on the top of the Apple Menu.
5. This will display the available devices to cast with.
6. From the list, choose your Apple TV.
7. Within a few minutes, the Zoom app casts on your TV.
Now that you know how to use the Zoom Apple TV app. In addition, you can get Zoom on multiple devices. It includes iPhones, iPads, Mac, Windows PC, and Android devices.
Related: YouTube TV on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can use the Zoom cloud meetings app on your Apple TV.
No. Zoom isn’t available officially for the Apple TV. You should AirPlay it from iOS or Mac to Apple TV.
Yes, you can cast Zoom on your TV from your Mac/ iPhone/ iPad using the AirPlay feature.